How far do Training output and HR responsibilities need to be controlled

J
I am trying to determine how far Training and HR responsibilities need to be controlled by QS9000. I know Element 18 is for Training. I am aware that the latest update incorporates Performance Evaluations; therefore, HR. But to what extent should the materials that are used in Classroom training be controlled? What if they are purchased from ourside sources?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
C

Christian Lupo

Jan-

What's the problem with controlling training materials that have been purchased? You control external standards and customer supplied documents....dont you? Control purchased outside training materials in the same way.

When anyone asks me if a particular document needs to be controlled, I always ask them:

1) Does the document need to be accurate?
2) Will/could the document be revised?
3) Is it important that obsolete versions are removed?
4) Does the docuement need to be distributed to certain people in a timely (business days) manner?
5) If the document changes, and the changes do not get relayed to everyone who uses the document, could it result in a non-conformance?

If the answer is "yes" to any of these questions, the docuemnt msut be controlled. The word "controlled" is narrow interpreted as a document that goes on a master list. In addition it can be misleading amd intimdating to the people who create/use the document. These people sometimes feel that QA is trying to "control" what they do. Make sure that you explan to them that you just want to make sure the document is accurate, and gets to the right, people when they need it. That is the essence of document control.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Also do a search here on the forum using "controlled" as the search word. I know there are several threads about controlled documents in general which should add to Christian's fine response.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Human Factors and FAR Part 145.163 'Training Program' Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 9
F Human Factors & Ergonomics - FAR Part 145.163 'Training Program' - Aviation Industry Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 20
B FAR/Prime Contractor Flow-down Tool - AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
P How far an operator can reach into a machine before it becomes an ergonomic problem CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
D Where does "as far as possible" stop? FMEA - EN 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 29
Crimpshrine13 PPAPs (How far down the tiers are we supposed to get PPAPs)? APQP and PPAP 19
K About ionizers - How far can we place a table top ionizer from the IC devices Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Q Correction of records - FAR or DFAR? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
I First Time Implementing Document Control for ISO-9001 - how far back do you go? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
R How far apart can you schedule separate areas or departments in your internal audit? Internal Auditing 4
I FAR Part 43 and Application to 17025 Accredited Cal Lab Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
I Is risk acceptability really needed if all risks must be reduced as far as possible? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
J Definition Outsourcing - How Far Does it Go? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
F Necessary trainings for FAR 145 certification Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
R FAR 145.205 - Maintenance Program Flow Down Requirements Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
Z Comparison between AS9100 and FAA 145 Repair-Station (CFR's, FAR's) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 2
L Records Register is not maintained and is far from complete ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
H Active Parts with No FAI - How far back do you go? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J Quality Escapes Procedure (requirement for FAR 21.137 (n)) needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
C Certification process for small consultancy practice far away from main cities ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
D FAA Drug Testing Requirements - FAR Part 145.211 (c)(1)(vi) Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 8
Q Registrars and Consulting - How far can a registrar go in consulting for a company? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
I far away Brain Teasers and Puzzles 8
ScottK How "far up" Maslow's Hierarchy are you? Career and Occupation Discussions 7
ScottK How far is it practical to take a Process FMEA? FMEA and Control Plans 14
A FAR Part 21/145 vs. EASA Part 21/145 EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 5
Marc How far do you commute to work? Career and Occupation Discussions 58
ScottK Lessons Learned so far from my current ISO9001 adventure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
K How far should we go to control Non-Conforming Material? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
Q Auditor Access to Records - How far an Auditor can Probe ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 19
C FAR Part 145.161(a)(4) - Summary of Employment AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Marc Small Business Set Asides - FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) Subpart 19.5 Consultants and Consulting 2
R Component traceability in an assembly - Government contract - How far does it go? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 18
E How far to go into Special Characteristics (SC) Identification on Machines/Equipment IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
H Process correlation matrix - Just how far "into the weeds" do I go? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
gard2372 FAR 145 AS9100 Gap Analysis - Any recommendations on where to start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 18
P RoHS Legislation - Who's doing what, and how far down the line are you RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 11
S Any feelings on how far back the FDA looks into documentation? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
M Identifying Internal Customer Requirements - This is my list so far ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
WALLACE Consultancy on the fly - Registrars located in the Far East Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
K Supplier Audits - How far do we have to go? How much detail? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
J Measurement Resolution - How far to carry the decimal place out Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
M How far does one go to protect quality and other records from "loss" Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 1
E CEO Involvement - How far do I go with insisting that they attend meetings, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 22
Anonymous16-2 Labelling Training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
J Recommendations for online ISO 19011 training? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
J Looking for a training organization that can provide in house DFMEA training FMEA and Control Plans 4
A AS9100 Training - Where do I start? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
R What's the major difference between Green Belt and Black Belt in term of training and project Six Sigma 3
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17