How far do you commute to work?

S

sfkevin

Door-to-Door 36 miles but I do not drive I take the train. A 45-minute ride and then a 10-minute walk, not back, no traffic problems and a little exercise.

R

RickRay

52 miles each way. Coming in takes a little over 1 hour, probably closer to 1.5. Going home averages around 2 hours.
Loads of fun!

K

KWalls - 2008

My commute is all of 7.3 miles to work one way. No traffic because I take side streets and leave before the heavy traffic starts in on the freeway entrances. It's a nice calm commute. Just enough time to decompress after the work day and to make the transition to back into "mom/wife".

Doug Tropf

Quite Involved in Discussions
My commute is 23 miles each way. Much of the drive is on rural roads through rolling hills and farmland. :) My longest commute was 35 miles each way which required roughly an hour and one-half of driving time each day. That job also required a weekly commute to the corporate office which was an hour and one-half drive each way.:(

W

walking eagle - 2010

Its about 12 mi. 20-25 mins. in the morning, and 30-35 in the evening. Except on Fridays when our local population appears to swell from 150,000 to 2.5 million.

D

dbusse

50.1 miles. I worked closer to home before this job, but I couldn't turn down a 30% pay increase!

K

KWalls - 2008

50.1 miles. I worked closer to home before this job, but I couldn't turn down a 30% pay increase!

And that 30% now goes toward gas, maintenance and upkeep on your vehicle... not to mention, time sitting in your vehicle. :bonk:

:2cents:

D

dbusse

Not really.
Previous commute 30 miles--stop, go, twist & turn. About 45- 50 minutes each way. Got about 30 MPG.
This one--straight interstate. 50- 60 minutes. Now get about 34 MPG. It balances out.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
My commute these days is 3.8 miles, all street driving. It takes about 10 minutes because one traffic light is red for 3.5 minutes.

Top Bottom