How far do you commute to work?

M

Martijn

75 kilometers (47 miles) from door to door. 45 minutes when there's no traffic (I love working during summer holidays), 1 hour and a bit on normal days, can take up to two hours on a bad day.

Problem in the Netherlands is that we have more and more bad days. We've very recently seen a couple of "traffic-infarcts" as we call them, "traffic strokes" in which entire highway rings around cities get clogged so much that nobody is going anywhere anymore. Traffic jams in the Netherlands increase yearly with 15% on average :(.

As mentioned by lots of others before, driving my car is enjoyable though since I can unwind and listen to my new CD's. :agree1:

S

sridharafep

around 40 KMs (40+40) and it takes 35 minutes.

During ramadhan time 20 mts.

Sridhar

A

amanbhai

Driving to work: Its almost 22 miles (35 Kms) urbun driving, take 45 mins to 1 hr drive.

Longest when used to live in GTA. Live in Scarborough & work in Missisuaga is quite a fun sometimes. :mg:

G

glepage

13 miles one way, about 25 minutes. All local roads through N.West Connecticut. I usually leave home at 6:30 AM and encounter almost no traffic. I leave work around 3:30 and make it home before my son gets home from school at 4:00 PM. ----- I Love my job!

Gene

J

JerryStem

Now about 25 miles or so, NKY to W Chester OH (35-55 minutes depending on traffic and baseball/football games).

Was about 50-55 miles (~1hr) each way from Neville OH to W Chester for 2-3 years. And the old jobs were each about as long when I lived there, 1/2hr to anything from Neville...

Shortest was a few hundred feet when I was on the ship in the Navy! :biglaugh:

K

Ken K

Up at 3.45am - out the door at 4am - home by 1:50pm. In bed by 9pm. 80 miles per day. Been doing it since 1987.

My '98 Ranger has 224,000 miles on it and she knows her way so I can enjoy the darkness on the way in:notme:

I

IngridD - 2012

75 kilometers (47 miles) from door to door. 45 minutes when there's no traffic (I love working during summer holidays), 1 hour and a bit on normal days, can take up to two hours on a bad day.

Problem in the Netherlands is that we have more and more bad days. We've very recently seen a couple of "traffic-infarcts" as we call them, "traffic strokes" in which entire highway rings around cities get clogged so much that nobody is going anywhere anymore. Traffic jams in the Netherlands increase yearly with 15% on average :(.

As mentioned by lots of others before, driving my car is enjoyable though since I can unwind and listen to my new CD's. :agree1:

Hi Martijn.
75 km to get to work (Rotterdam??) than you might be living in Tilburg, right?? I travel Alblasserdam-Tilburg on a daily basis, which takes me about 65 km and 50 minutes travel time, luckely hardly any traffic jams (motorbike mostly;))

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
3 hour flight from Toronto to Tampa...arrival at Airport 2 hours ahead due to internation flight status.... :cool:

Top Bottom