How far do you commute to work?

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Hi Berry,

In case you didn't notice, this thread has been dormant for 10+ years...but it sure would be fun to see how things have changed!

My commute for 14yrs was 42.1 miles and averaged about 1:15 hours...with a couple of 6hr drags in the winter.
My current (3yrs) and future commute is about 17 feet, and usually would be in my PJs...but...
My wife's commute has been about 45 feet during Covid, but is about to go back to 12 miles.

berry_nice

Quality Manager
Hi Berry,

In case you didn't notice, this thread has been dormant for 10+ years...but it sure would be fun to see how things have changed!

My commute for 14yrs was 42.1 miles and averaged about 1:15 hours...with a couple of 6hr drags in the winter.
My current (3yrs) and future commute is about 17 feet, and usually would be in my PJs...but...
My wife's commute has been about 45 feet during Covid, but is about to go back to 12 miles.
Yes for the fun part!
I had that 15 feet commute during Covid and now changed jobs.
This is the furthest I have ever driven but it is also the best career move I have made. Have to give and take a little. However ... my winter commute will be 2 days in the office *insert high five here*

mattador78

Quite Involved in Discussions
0.8 of a mile it takes me longer get off the industrial estate onto the main road than it does drive home. I would walk but i have to use my car if i need to visit customers so I have to drive. My longest was 7 miles but due to not driving and having to use public transport it was over an hour each way.

Brizilla

Up until last year, I was driving 47 miles each way. It took me around 1:05-1:15 to get there and 1:15-1:25 to get home and I wasn't really even happy working there. I changed jobs last fall and then moved closer to my work. (They paid me to move.) Now I love my job, it's 16 miles away and takes 25 minutes to get there. :)

Billy Milly

13 km (around 9 miles) one way each day. About 10-15 mins, approx. half through a few villages and half on the regional road. Some traffic, but no congestions. Quite satisfied :)

blackholequasar

The Cheerful Diabetic
I was driving to Buffalo NY every day from Rochester NY for a while - which is about an hour and a half ... plus or minus HOURS and HOURS depending on the lake effect snow! (I was once stuck in an I-90 snowstorm that lasted two days. Thankfully I was only stuck for about 8 hours before they got me out, but some folks spent the night on the interstate!)

Right now, it takes me 25 minutes with a 10 minute interlude of Starbucks.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I drive about 12-13 miles. It takes about 20 minutes in the morning (6-6:30am ish) and about 30-45 on the way home.

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
I now commute 40 miles and it takes me about 45 minutes to get to work. It takes me about 1 hour to get home. All my turns going to work are right hand turns and it's very early, all my turns going home are left hand turns (usually at lights).

edit: misspelling

contigo123

Involved In Discussions
My current commute is about 7 miles and takes about 15 minutes, 25 minutes if I happen to drive when school is starting and I have to go through the 20 mph zone. Shortest commute I've ever had and I love it!

Top Bottom