How long must we provide service parts to Ford?

D

Doug Oerth

Does any one know of a requirement of how long a company must provide service parts once production has stopped? I would have thought it would have been in the statement of work (contract) when production began but did not see any statements to such.

Randy

Super Moderator
Is there any reason why you can't contact Ford and ask them what they want? Seem's to me that would be where you'd get the best answer

D

Doug Oerth

We did and they came back with 15 years but would not, or could not comment on if this was applicable to product that started production in 1993 and went out of production in 2003.

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Does any one know of a requirement of how long a company must provide service parts once production has stopped? I would have thought it would have been in the statement of work (contract) when production began but did not see any statements to such.

There's no requirement - only an agreement, if made in the contract.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

Contact your Ford Service Division buyer.

My experience:

When the product reaches the end of its life, Ford often will do "last time buy".

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

From Ford's Customer-Specific Requirements Page 4 (PDF):

An active part is one currently being supplied to the customer for original equipment or service applications. The part remains active until tooling scrap authorization is given by the appropriate customer activity. For parts with no customer-owned tooling or situations where multiple parts are made from the same tool, written confirmation from Ford Engineering and the Buyer is required to deactivate a part.

Englishman Abroad

Involved In Discussions
In my experience the date of the last production part + 10 years is a general rule of thumb for Ford Service requirements.
However as previous posts, it will be specified somwhere in your contract / T&Cs.

At the end of this period, you can ask Ford Service for a lifetime requirement, which is the quantity of parts that they expect to need for the remaining vehicles that exist.

Top Bottom