How long will ISO 9001:2015 Recertification Take?

tommyd67

Registered
I have a question pertaining to how long its going to take for my company to become certified to the new standard. Currently the company is ISO 9001:2008 and TS 16949 certified which I know will expire in September. Up and until recently the company has had some financial setbacks, and have just a couple weeks ago gave the okay to get re-certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. But not the new IATF standard, as currently its not affordable and current customers don't require it.
So since the company is already certified to ISO 9001:2008 and TS 16949 is it possible to meet the September deadline, or is there to much work to move to just the ISO 9001:2015 standard?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I have a question pertaining to how long its going to take for my company to become certified to the new standard. Currently the company is ISO 9001:2008 and TS 16949 certified which I know will expire in September. Up and until recently the company has had some financial setbacks, and have just a couple weeks ago gave the okay to get re-certified to the ISO 9001:2015 standard. But not the new IATF standard, as currently its not affordable and current customers don't require it.
So since the company is already certified to ISO 9001:2008 and TS 16949 is it possible to meet the September deadline, or is there to much work to move to just the ISO 9001:2015 standard?

Have you talked with your registrar?

leftoverture

Involved In Discussions
It's hard to reply accurately without knowing more about your company, but the 2015 standard is not that much different from 2008. I would say it could be possible with the right amount of effort and priority.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
Possible but will require 100% focus at this late date. Kind of all hands on deck approach. However your registrar may not be able to get your audit scheduled in time.

tommyd67

Registered
Thank you for the reply's!
Just a few weeks ago our Registrar has contacted me in regards to setting up the audit for the IATF standard. Which I informed them we were only going to move forward to the ISO 9001:2015. They said they would get back to me, but I've not heard anything yet.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thank you for the reply's!
Just a few weeks ago our Registrar has contacted me in regards to setting up the audit for the IATF standard. Which I informed them we were only going to move forward to the ISO 9001:2015. They said they would get back to me, but I've not heard anything yet.

Contact them again - leave a message that if you do not hear from them with in a week - you will switch registrar.

Get back to me so that I can point where to find those registrar in USA>

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
As already mentioned the 2008 and 2015 standards don’t differ wildly, the intent is the same, the main difference being a risk based approach in the context of your organisation and all the identified interested parties. Have you got a defined context? Do you have all your interested parties identified? Have you identified and logged all your risks? Are there ongoing actions or controls? And does the senior management team regularly review these risks and update them accordingly?

That was the main high level and time consuming task we had to do and it got us transitioned, but you must involve your management team. We built a risk register, a list of our interested parties and almost FMEA’d them. All the other systemic parts didn’t really change. Probably took us 3 months, but could have done it quicker if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom