Our QAR found a nonconformance in which we didn't do a PLT and issued a Corrective Action Request (CAR). We answered the CAR and reviewed a sample of several other contracts to determine we didn't have a systemic issue. We believed we this was a one off issue and submitted our answer, CAP, to the CAR. While the CAR was still open our QAR found another PLT that was not flowed down to us from the customer in a deliverable order. This PLT was in the BASE contract. He then issued another CAR, number 2, for a PLT issue and also rejected our original CAR, number 1. It seems like he would not be able to issue a second CAR if the original was still open and thus should have just rejected the first CAR. Do we have any ground to fight the second CAR since it was still open and pending review? Are there any DFAR or DCMA policies that say they shouldn't issue a second if the first is still open?