How many documents total do you currently have?

M

maeshack

Hi everyone,

My question is NOT how many documents are required or necessary. Instead, I'm looking for an unofficial average (for argument's sake :)). How many documents (work instructions, procedures, forms, the whole ball of wax supporting your QMS) would you say you currently have in place? Just a quick, ball-park figure. Thanks!! :bigwave:

R

rsimano

We have 87 in our QMS Document control. But this does not include Databases(1 single divided into sub-tables + 30-35.)
35 Engineering Standards, 20 Quality Policies, 52 Work Instructions.

Industrial/Military/Nuclear/Aerospace/Gas and Oil - 400+ Employees.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I suggest that to make this relevant that additional info (number of employees, type of business, etc.) will help. A 10 person company will have far fewer documents than a 500 or 1000 person company, and then there is the issue of product and process complexity.

:2cents:

S

Saul2013

I do not know if it helps but I am in a Palnt with around 200 employes and I have 20 Documented Process, 200 Work Instructions, 150 Checking Aids and 150 Formats

L

lfrost

We have ~100 employees in a medical device company.

We have 87 Quality Procedures and 66 Work Instructions.

Pancho

wikineer
Super Moderator
I suggest that to make this relevant that additional info (number of employees, type of business, etc.) will help. A 10 person company will have far fewer documents than a 500 or 1000 person company, and then there is the issue of product and process complexity.

:2cents:

Another factor that weighs on the number of documents is the maturity of the system. A young system is bound to have a lot less documents than one that has been running for a while, especially if the CI process is effective.

Speaking of improvement, it would also be interesting to know how many Corrective Actions and Preventive Actions are taken per year by different companies, or for a more common denominator, per employee per year.

Top Bottom