How many job descriptions include support and maintenance of your QMS?

How Many job descriptions include support and maintenance of your QMS?

• All Top Managers and up

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All Mid-level Mgrs and up

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • All Supervisory and up

• All salary personnel

• Only QA and/or Mgt Rep

• All personnel

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Are you crazy?

• What is a QMS?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Taz!

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am curious to see how many companies make support and maintenance of the QMS a position requirement on job descriptions:

M

mshell

Good poll Taz. All of our job descriptions have the following statement

"The jobholder has an individual responsibility to the organization for following all procedures and instructions and for maintaining ISO Certification."

M

MelindaN

Excellent POINT!

I hadn't thought about it that way. It's true, all personnel are inherently responsible for the maintenance of the QMS. It is a requirement that all personnel be trained how to use the features of the QMS i.e. work instructions etc.

Good Call Taz :agree1:

The Taz!

MelindaN said:
I hadn't thought about it that way. It's true, all personnel are inherently responsible for the maintenance of the QMS. It is a requirement that all personnel be trained how to use the features of the QMS i.e. work instructions etc. Good Call Taz :agree1:

Remember, the poll is regarding the requirement being already ON THE JOB DESCRIPTIONS

Good poll, Taz

I'll have to say: All Mid-level Mgrs and up, and in some cases also further down the chain of command. They are responsible for keeping their part of the BMS in shape. Mind you, I often have to remind them that they own the procedures :rolleyes: , but still: It is their responsibility, and I have the paperwork to prove it... Just the humble (Well sort of) administrator, me.

/Claes

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

I'm sad to say it is still the Quality Dept's. responsibility around here :(

Bill

G

Greg B

Taz,

I think people would keel over if I put that added burden on thier Job Descriptions :lmao:
I'm afraid it is only on mine and will probably stay that way for some time. I'll bring it up (yet again) at this weeks management meeting but it will be passed over as usual. :(

Greg B

I guess this "support and maintenance of the QMS" bit is a matter of definition, but look at it this way: Who signs the written procedures? We all know what it means to sign something: You are responsible.

:soap: : Why is it that people don't want certain things in their job descriptions when they happily accept the pay that comes with it?

/Claes

The Taz!

I guess that if the support for and maintenance of a QMS is not in a job description, the the words of Freddy Prince are appropriate. . . "It's no my job man!"

And sadly, that is why establishing and maintaining a QMS is still viewed by many as a Quality Function. . . The poll did surprise me a bit. . . I am surprised that the two major categories were "All Personnel", and the "QA mgr and Mgt Rep."

This shows a great disparity in company philosophy. . . Is Support for and Maintenance of a QMS really an additional burden? . . or is it a way to demonstrate team work? I think this thread is now leaning toward Guru's and Philosophy. . . but it did satisfy my curiosity.

Thanx to those who responded. . .

Top Bottom