Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

How many mandays required for the below mentioned standards

sms4u

Starting to get Involved
Hello everyone...

my company is asking me to calculate the mandays for the implementation for below mentioned standards

ISO 27001:2013
ISO 27017 : 2015
ISO 27018
ISO 20000 - 9
PCI - DSS
ISO 22301

Could any help me out to calculate the mandays as an consultant

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Hello everyone...

my company is asking me to calculate the mandays for the implementation for below mentioned standards

ISO 27001:2013
ISO 27017 : 2015
ISO 27018
ISO 20000 - 9
PCI - DSS
ISO 22301

Could any help me out to calculate the mandays as an consultant
Goodness.

Time for implementation relies on a number of factors, including but not limited to:
  • The size and maturity of the current management system - what is currently in place, and for how long?
  • The complexity of the products and/or services provided
  • The education level of the organization's members (lower level education often requires more explicit process documentation)
  • Interested party expectations for processes and documentation
  • The leadership's commitment (less commitment can add time for implementation)
  • The consultant's type and extent of education and experience in the industry and specific clientele being served
Therefore, it is impossible to predict the number of mandays to implement a quality management system. The effects of variables are almost infinite. A number of consultants promise implementation in X days, but there is no promise of effectiveness or returned vlue to interested parties, which is the objective of the listed standards.

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Instead of implementing these standards why not study how your organization already works as a system and probably already conforms with many of the requirements specified by these standards.

Instead, why not budget a week to complete the above study so you can report back on where your organization falls short?

Then you’ll be able to determine the competencies missing from your organization to introduce any needed new controls (to existing processes) or new processes.

Top Bottom