How many organizations have been certified (registered) to ISO/TS 16949:2002?

S

SilverHawk

Does anyone has the slightly idea how many organizations have been certified to ISO/TS 16949:2002 at this moment in time? Is this figure available at IOAB or somewhere else?

T

Teri - 2011

It is not avaliable,,,, and believe me, I have tried to find the numbers. When our auditor was here in early May, for our first TS surveillence audit, she stated that she felt it was still in the hundreds. (as opposed to thousands of companies!)

Last edited by a moderator:
R

ralphsulser

I have noticed that some of the TS16949 Certification Bodies list organizations which have been approved for registration by them. Such as AQA, and I think Eagle. Other than looking at these websites, I don't know of a complete listing site yet

S

SilverHawk

Will the IATF provide any lists of certified organziations? Even the SA8000 (SAI) publishes the numbers of certified companies in their website.

hello, IATF!!!! Hello, any body home?

T

Teri - 2011

I contacted IATF and AIAG, both have list, but are TOP secret!! :lol:
AIAG told me that they will not release any info,,, not even numbers!

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
"Curiouser and curiouser" (as Alice said)

Teri said:
I contacted IATF and AIAG, both have list, but are TOP secret!! :lol:
AIAG told me that they will not release any info,,, not even numbers!
Try as I might, I can't imagine ANY reason for secrecy. Anyone have an answer (or even a guess)?

T

tomvehoski

An advanced search at www.worldpreferred.com shows 398 TS2 registrations. I am sure this is not a complete listing. I believe the last time I analyzed the last QS-9000 database it was around 20,000 QS certified companies (probably about 2 years ago).

S

Sam

tomvehoski said:
An advanced search at www.worldpreferred.com shows 398 TS2 registrations. I am sure this is not a complete listing. I believe the last time I analyzed the last QS-9000 database it was around 20,000 QS certified companies (probably about 2 years ago).

The listing shows 855. But that is not really correct either, the company I work for is not listed.

S

SilverHawk

Secrecy???

What is so secretive about the numbers of TS2 registerted organizations supposely maintained by IATF / AIAG?

Or perhaps there is no transparency over it. Or was it the numbers is some embrtassing (much lesser that SA8000) that IATF / AIAG refuses to disclose.

If there are some 20,000 QS-9000 companies as the database is managed by "someone" in the States, why can the numbers of TS2 registered organizations been make known. IATF / AIAG do not have nay accountability to the public?????

Who else really has the numbers? It is getting a little embrassing for everybody that the number of registeration scheme may have dropped over these years!!!!

T

tomvehoski

My guess is that it is not really a secret, but a "product" that has not been launched yet. For QS ASQ was the "official" provider of the data (both online subscription and quarterly CD-ROM). Quality System Update (www.qsuonline.com) was also the official publisher at some point.

I ran the QS numbers a couple years ago trying to find consulting clients. I would expect the IAOB/IATF/AIAG to contract with someone to publish this information for a fee. I think the ASQ CDs ran about $300 per year (was added to my membership fee - don't have the invoice handy). It could be that with so few companies certified, they are not ready to release it, or do not feel there is a market yet for the data.

I am sure the number of registered companies will drop. Many were never really a good fit for QS and will switch to ISO. Many also will now not fit the "value added manufacturing/service" requirement and will only be eligible for ISO. Others will drop all certifications.

Just my thoughts.

Tom

Top Bottom