SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

How should customer complaints be handled to comply with ISO 9001?

J

Jason2007

Hello,

I want to know how ISO requires to handle customer compliants? What is the best way to collect customer compliants? I am also looking for some form to record customer compliants. I appreciate if you have and can share with me?

Thanks.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

D.Scott

Hello,

I want to know how ISO requires to handle customer compliants? What is the best way to collect customer compliants? I am also looking for some form to record customer compliants. I appreciate if you have and can share with me?

Thanks.
Hello Jason,

Welcome to the Cove. As Marc has said, check out the discussions he pointed out. If you still have questions, feel free to post them. I hope you find what you are looking for. We look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Also, remember that ISO 9001 does not tell us step by step how to handle cusotmer, complaints, each of us does things in a way that is best for our company, and our customer. The biggest things to keep in mind are a focus on the customer, meeting customer requirements and expectations, customer satisfaction, and corrective and preventive actions.

Welcome to the Cove, let us know as questions emerge, you have been given some good advice on where to start your search.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hello,

I want to know how ISO requires to handle customer compliants? What is the best way to collect customer compliants?
As was mentioned above, there are no hard fast rules for complaint handling. You may want to look at ISO 10002:2004 for guidance. The title is "Customer satisfaction — Guidelines for complaints handling in organizations."
I am also looking for some form to record customer compliants. I appreciate if you have and can share with me?

Thanks.
ISO 10002 also has an example complaint form in Annex B and a complaint follow-up form in Annex D.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Responsibility of Distributor for Customer Complaints - How should we handle this Customer Complaints 5
D What should ?Customer Complaints? include? Customer Complaints 15
R Customer Complaints Processing - How long should it take??? Customer Complaints 15
A Should Customer Complaints trigger Internal Audits? Customer Complaints 6
Q How should I analyze measurement correlation between me and customer? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 12
G ISO 17025:2017 7.1.2 - Should I produce a document for the customer? ISO 17025 related Discussions 8
M Should Potential Customer Complaint Outcome Define Registrar NC Rating? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
T EASA P 145: What mandatory information should on the purchase order of the customer ? EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 2
G Should the Quality Department originate a Request for Deviation to the Customer? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
B Should I Request/Submit a PPAP from/to a Supplier/Customer for only Repackaging Parts APQP and PPAP 7
D Should Customer Drawings be controlled per AS9100 QMS ? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
J Should I file a Customer Complaint as a Nonconforming Material Report or a CAP? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Should prices be included in customer related process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
J Who should accept the samples of Customer Complaint products ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Who should be the person to release product to customer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 34
A Cost calculation for solution that should delight the customer Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 3
S Should we make acceptance specification looser than customer?s specification? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 14
M Customer is also my supplier - Should I perform an audit to his process? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Should I use "Client" or "Customer" in my documents? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
tony wardle Customer Visit Reports - What should a Customer Visit Report look like? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 11
P QMS-requirements should be excluded from the customer specific requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 13
K Customer survey question service - What a company should be willing to pay IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Customer Satisfaction: We're Doing Surveys - What Else Should We Do? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Rework and PPAP - When should we notify the customer? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
N How should I interpret Voice of the Customer QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
Marc Customer advocacy should be contained in the company business plan QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
T How should I approach REACH, CM, etc. as a job shop? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 18
A Should we assign the PRRC before the date of application of MDR (26 May 2021)? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J UDI-DI how should we interpret Device version or model to determine if a new UDI-DI is needed? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion Should ISO 9004 be changed from a guidance document to a requirements standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Should I take an online course for a career in Occupational Health and Safety? Career and Occupation Discussions 2
J Should a Class 1 medical device with an option to measure body weight be considered Class 1m? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
K Should APQP/PPAP has its own section in a QM? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 1
S What should i choose for "testing procedure" characteristics? (N95) General Information Resources 0
P Should eIFU link per ISO 15223-1:2016 be added to labels out of scope of Reg 207/2012? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Which Sampling Plan(s) Should I Use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
A Document release vs its related training. Which should come first? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 18
S Which department should prepare the control plan? could you show me a standard regarding to this matter. FMEA and Control Plans 17
J Help settle a disagreement: Should external providers of preventive maintenance be on your ASL? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
N Master Samples - What should we be keeping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
G Supplier delivered recent PPAP, should he deliver yearly layout inspection? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
John Broomfield Vote - Should ISO9004 Become a Requirements Standard? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
A Capability Study - in the beginning of your career what should you have known about the tool Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 11
J Should Loading and Unloading be Included in Cycle Times? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
E Manufacturers should develop a testing device for covid19 Service Industry Specific Topics 0
T 510(k) submission - Which name should I use in the submission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
N ISO 19011:2018 - 5.4.2 "...audit program should engage in appropriate continual development..." Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
G Should I perform Gage R&R only at the beginning of a new project? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
M Should 510(k) Predicates be Actively Listed Devices? Other US Medical Device Regulations 12