How to add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?

D

Document Dame

Over the last few months I’ve been preparing for our AS9100D Transition Audit.

It’s been crazy at times but with the help of “The Cove” we’re getting there.

Over the last week, I started to feel comfortable with the way things were progressing.

The minute I started to feel comfortable, I should have known enough to look up to see what was about to fall on my head.

This morning I received an email from one of our large aerospace customers stating that later this year they’re going to start adding AS9145 compliance to their contracts and we should begin getting ready.

We’re a small company and I’m a One-Gal Band.

I’m ready to do my homework on the new standard, but I would appreciate ideas on where to begin combining the two standards.

Thanks in Advance!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: How to I add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?

I’m ready to do my homework on the new standard, but I would appreciate ideas on where to begin combining the two standards
This is NOT an exercise in combining standards. This is an exercise in adequating your quality/business management system to comply with the Aeroderivative APQP and PPAP requirements.

After acquiring and acquainting yourself with AS9145, your best source for free information will be the IAQG Supply Chain Management Handbook.

Good luck.

Last edited:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

This morning I received an email from one of our large aerospace customers stating that later this year they’re going to start adding AS9145 compliance to their contracts and we should begin getting ready.

Welcome to the automotive AS&D industry!

D

Document Dame

Thank you for the speedy response.

I must admit it's frustrating when we have a robust AS9100 QMS, regularly exceed our Quality & OTD goals (100% for each), are gaining and keeping new customers, and are constantly improving our processes, and then have to deal with additional non-value-added tasks.

Although, maybe adding APQP will get us to 110% Quailty and 110% OTD.

The time spent doing these things could be spent enhancing the system our employees know and understand instead of giving them new things to learn. They know their jobs, they know our system, and it works great.

I'll start looking at the standard in the morning.

Thanks for the information, and for letting me vent!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

...110% Quailty...
:topic:

I assume you meant quail tee, but I'm not sure of the relevance. :p

How to add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?

Attachments

• How to add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?
    bobwhite_quail_hen_tee.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 741
D

Document Dame

Fortunately, our Product Quality is better than my typing quality.

Love the pic. I needed a smile. :D

Thanks

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Also looking into APQP and PPAP, is someone able to provide me with the scope and applicability of the AS9145 standard (would like to see if it applies to my research before spending the money on purchasing the standard)

On a side note, which sections of AS 9100D does AS9145 cover, ie what is the link between the company QMS and APQP/PPQP process?

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Ah thanks, these resources proved very helpful.

I see a strong correlation between APQP and the QMS (mainly operation, performance evaluation and improvement), especially due to the PDCA approach of both. Obviously, APQP applies to the manufacturing of the product itself and the QMS is more of an overarching organization-wide system, but am I correct in saying implementation of APQP is a key tool in satisfying the core AS 9100D requirements? And could I go as far as to say that by successfully implementing APQP techniques for all products to be manufactured plus meeting the more business-orientated and leadership requirements the organization should be 90+ percentage of the way to AS9100D certification?

Top Bottom