How to add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?

Document Dame

Starting to get Involved
Over the last few months I’ve been preparing for our AS9100D Transition Audit.

It’s been crazy at times but with the help of “The Cove” we’re getting there.

Over the last week, I started to feel comfortable with the way things were progressing.

The minute I started to feel comfortable, I should have known enough to look up to see what was about to fall on my head.

This morning I received an email from one of our large aerospace customers stating that later this year they’re going to start adding AS9145 compliance to their contracts and we should begin getting ready.

We’re a small company and I’m a One-Gal Band.

I’m ready to do my homework on the new standard, but I would appreciate ideas on where to begin combining the two standards.

Thanks in Advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Re: How to I add AS9145 requirements to my existing AS9100 QMS?

I’m ready to do my homework on the new standard, but I would appreciate ideas on where to begin combining the two standards
This is NOT an exercise in combining standards. This is an exercise in adequating your quality/business management system to comply with the Aeroderivative APQP and PPAP requirements.

After acquiring and acquainting yourself with AS9145, your best source for free information will be the IAQG Supply Chain Management Handbook.

Good luck.

Last edited:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator

This morning I received an email from one of our large aerospace customers stating that later this year they’re going to start adding AS9145 compliance to their contracts and we should begin getting ready.
Welcome to the automotive AS&D industry!

Document Dame

Starting to get Involved

Thank you for the speedy response.

I must admit it's frustrating when we have a robust AS9100 QMS, regularly exceed our Quality & OTD goals (100% for each), are gaining and keeping new customers, and are constantly improving our processes, and then have to deal with additional non-value-added tasks.

Although, maybe adding APQP will get us to 110% Quailty and 110% OTD.

The time spent doing these things could be spent enhancing the system our employees know and understand instead of giving them new things to learn. They know their jobs, they know our system, and it works great.

I'll start looking at the standard in the morning.

Thanks for the information, and for letting me vent!

Document Dame

Starting to get Involved

Fortunately, our Product Quality is better than my typing quality.

Love the pic. I needed a smile. :D

Thanks

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Also looking into APQP and PPAP, is someone able to provide me with the scope and applicability of the AS9145 standard (would like to see if it applies to my research before spending the money on purchasing the standard)

On a side note, which sections of AS 9100D does AS9145 cover, ie what is the link between the company QMS and APQP/PPQP process?

DuncanGibbons

Involved In Discussions
Ah thanks, these resources proved very helpful.

I see a strong correlation between APQP and the QMS (mainly operation, performance evaluation and improvement), especially due to the PDCA approach of both. Obviously, APQP applies to the manufacturing of the product itself and the QMS is more of an overarching organization-wide system, but am I correct in saying implementation of APQP is a key tool in satisfying the core AS 9100D requirements? And could I go as far as to say that by successfully implementing APQP techniques for all products to be manufactured plus meeting the more business-orientated and leadership requirements the organization should be 90+ percentage of the way to AS9100D certification?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L How to add exemption or statement to control of document procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Anyone Familiar with "SPC for Excel" add-in? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
F How do you add accuracies for tools with different measurement devices? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
qualprod Add new action plans in CA, while waiting effectiveness - Same problem reappears ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
M IATF 16949 - 8.5.6.1.1 Providing a list of process controls: Does this requirement add value to QMS? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
D FDA filing guidance to add sterilization step for approved drug Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
V How to Add Annual Revalidation requirements to Control Plan? FMEA and Control Plans 5
A Add-On software for VMC to calculate setting time, Idle Time, OEE etc.. Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
J What to add to our QMS for Clause 4 Context of the Organization AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Q Really do they add value (Vision, Mission, Values)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P Recommendations on SPC Software or Excel SPC add-in(s) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 6
J Add API Q1 & Q2 to Quality Management System Standards Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
V Do I need to add everything on print to control plan? FMEA and Control Plans 1
T Holocene Epoch or add a new Anthropocene Epoch? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
smryan Seeking good 2D barcode add-in for Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
S How to Add Water to a MDS Tree Structure RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
P How to add Voip features (ring group, virtual receptionist) into Cisco SIP PBX in C#? Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 1
J Exporting Add-On for Medical Devices to the US - FDA Requirements Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
R Regulation Process for Add on Accessory to an Existing Medical Device Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
L How to add a New Factory under a Prior 510K Establishment US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
P Is a new 510k needed if modifying to add bluetooth for data transmission? Other US Medical Device Regulations 13
M Minitab macro to add reference line to graph Using Minitab Software 1
R How to calculate the value add time? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
V Where to add SOP of writing a Technical File in ISO 13485? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
W Is a new 510(k) needed? Add Non Medical Device into a Medical Device App Other US Medical Device Regulations 13
M Why do I have to rev change my ASL everytime I add or remove a supplier? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
T Distributor Value Add work to an AS9102 FAI part - Lubrication AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D If a control operator add a photo as a visual aid, can you improve Occurrence? FMEA and Control Plans 12
J Add Safety Policies/LOTO/etc. to Controlled Documents? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
S Annual Stock Check - Where to add it into our Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
L 21 CFR Part 11 Requirements - Microsoft Excel Add-on Functions 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
H Need to add a concentrate (only) to an already approved IMDS Submission RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 5
Z How to make documents have value or add value? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Chennaiite Value Engineering - Does Value Engineering really add value? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 3
CalRich Requirement from the PPAP Manual or from GM to add a PPAP Report with Shipment? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
somashekar Inspection vs. Inspectors - Inspection is essential but Inspectors do not add Value Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
S Value Add Time Calculation in Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
M Two situations where it is appropriate to add further Hazard Audits to Internal Audit Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 8
T Updating to ISO 9001:2008 - I need to add section 7.3 Design and Development ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28
A Learning Excel - Web Site, Book, and Add-in Recommendations Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 6
Stijloor Airlines add fees on top of fees!!! Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 0
Claes Gefvenberg Firefox Add-ons After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 8
S COPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) - Can we add Premium Freight? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
kedarg6500 Unit Conversion Add-in for Excel Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
G How do I add in the company we purchased and their products? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
V What are all the documents and records to be add for the management review meeting? Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
M Keep current ISO 13485 registrar AND add new for CMDCAS ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
I Short SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) or Add to Quality Manual? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 10
V When to add contents to Quality Manual amendment table? Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 3
B When to add Special Characteristics to your drawing/print? FMEA and Control Plans 4