How to Assess the Effectiveness of the QMS (Quality Management System)

P

phucduong

Hi All!

I am newbie in this forum. I want to ask how to assess the effectiveness of ISO 9000 QMS. Pls!

Regars!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

M Greenaway

Perhaps by seeing how well we perform against our objectives !

Maybe by assessing how happy our customers are !

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hi All!

I am newbie in this forum. I want to ask how to assess the effectiveness of ISO 9000 QMS. Pls!

Regars!
The internal audit system is one of the tools to evaluate the effectiveness of the QMS, besides, just because the customer is happy, doesn't necessarily determine the effectiveness of the QMS, in my opinion.

I am newbie in this forum.
Welcome, I hope you'll like it here :bigwave:

As for your question: I suggest a look at ISO 9004:2000. Clause 5.6.2 (Management review) suggests a number of useful things to look at:

ISO 9004:2000. Clause 5.6.2 said:
Inputs to evaluate efficiencyas well as effectiveness of the quality management system should consider the customer and other interested parties and should include
— status and results of qualityo bjectives and improvement activities,
— status of management review action items,
— results of audits and self-assessment of the organization,
— feedback on the satisfaction of interested parties, perhaps even to the point of their participation,
— market-related factors such as technology, research and development, and competitor performance,
— results from benchmarking activities,
— performance of suppliers,
— new opportunities for improvement,
— control of process and product nonconformities,
— marketplace evaluation and strategies,
— status of strategic partnership activities,
— financial effects of qualityr elated activities, and
— other factors which mayim pact the organization, such as financial, social or environmental conditions, and relevant statutory and regulatory changes.
/Claes

P

phucduong

Thank all!:thanks: I really forgot ISO 9004. But I want to find a quatitative method such as KPIs (key performance indicators). Anyone heard this method?
Regards!

J

JaneB

Good line of thought to pursue. Consider the objectives (what you're aiming to achieve) and the metrics (KPIs, whatever you term them) you're going to use to determine if you've met them or not.

A recent example: a call centre set an objective of reducing sick leave (sub-objective of improving staff morale)

One of the KPIs they chose to measure effectiveness was the sick leave%. So if they can get it down, over the next 4 months, say from 12% to 9%, then they know their action in that case has been effective.

Specific KPIs can be great to measure by, if they're appropriate and well chosen.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Thank all!:thanks: I really forgot ISO 9004. But I want to find a quatitative method such as KPIs (key performance indicators). Anyone heard this method?
Regards!
Please use the search function here in the cove for 'KPIs' - you'll see that we've had many discussions on this very issue.

A

Aaron Lupo

Hi All!

Regars!
Welcome.

I understand you are new to this forum, but what is your experience working with Quality/Business Systems or just what is your general experince?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MrTetris How to qualitatively assess initial probability ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 4
E ISO 13485 7.6 Control of monitoring and measuring equipment - Assess the Validity ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B How to assess which directives and standards apply - Brewing and distilling products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
S Medical Device Changes and How to Assess Their Impacts to Essential Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Method to assess Measurement System of a Continuous Process Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
Ronen E Independence on Notified Bodies, inter alia of Manufacturers they Assess EU Medical Device Regulations 7
M BS 10008:2014 Registration - UKAS accredited company in the UK to assess our company IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 4
G How to assess Customer Satisfaction without using surveys ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
L How to Assess Adhesion of Stickers on Painted Steel Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
V How to Assess Process Capability at the Development or Optimization Phase Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
A Cnpk (Non-Parametric Capability Analysis) to assess whether the Process is Stable Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
S Required to Assess and Evaluate all Suppliers? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R How to assess capability for parameters which has got either Min values or Max values Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
R CQI-15 Welding System Assess. & CQI-17 Special Process: Soldering Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
Q Maintenance Process Audit Check List to Assess Maintenance Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Criteria used to assess the Validity of a Complaint - Insurance Company Customer Complaints 4
somashekar Non Moving Electronic components - How to assess its fitness for use. Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B GM's QSB - Requirement, Checklists needed - Checklist used by GM to assess & sample Customer and Company Specific Requirements 9
S Advice on how to assess competency in the absence of academic qualifications? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
Z How to implement "assess" mentioned in the clause 7.1.4? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Designing a Test Part to Assess CMM Operator's Knowledge Design and Development of Products and Processes 9
M Method to assess / calculate a design wrt DFM/DFA - Seeking template Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
B How to sufficiently self-assess a QM (Quality Management) system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
apestate Assess effects of MT&E found out of tolerance - ISO9001 Section 7.6 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K What are You doing to assess Customer Satisfaction? Please help! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
S 17025 Flexible Scopes of Accreditation - Laboratory to 'self-assess' new test method ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
D Minimum number of Subgroups to assess Process Capability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
C How to assess Process Capability for parallelism Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
M Ford QOS - 3rd Party Auditing body able to assess the QOS Assessment? QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 1
C Quality, efficiency and effectiveness of daily work routines Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
V CAPA effectiveness check Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
N How to monitor the effectiveness of the CAPA system ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Q ISO 9001 5.1.1 - How to measure System effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Add new action plans in CA, while waiting effectiveness - Same problem reappears ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
Q Best criteria to measure Corrective Action effectiveness - Poor Maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
C CMDR Essential (Safety & Effectiveness) Requirements Checklist? Canada Medical Device Regulations 9
J AQL for Effectiveness Check - What AQL tiers to use on this type of sampling? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
M Medical Device News FDA - Transformative new steps to modernize FDA’s 510(k) program to advance the review of the safety and effectiveness of medical devices Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
S Nonconformance to a Note in ISO13485 clause 6.2 Human Resources Effectiveness ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
J Recall Effectiveness - Accessory to Medical Devices shipped through Distributors Customer Complaints 3
Q To Evaluate Effectiveness in All Improvements? (ISO 9001:2015) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
M Corrective Action Effectiveness Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
Uriel Alejandro Evaluation of the effectiveness of correction actions General Auditing Discussions 15
L Verifying training effectiveness for procedure changes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T Hot dogs and process operation and control effectiveness? 4.1.3 a) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S ISO 9001:2015 4.4.1 (c) Process Effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Effectiveness Measuring and Efficiency Measuring In ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A IATF 16949 - Non-conformity on 5.1.1.2 Process effectiveness and efficiency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
S What are some ways to demonstrate Effectiveness of Training? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 29
B IATF 16949 Cl. 7.3.2 - Documented Process (Effectiveness & Efficiency) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7