How to Audit the Client Quality System - Product Failure caused by no Maintenance

Q

QAMTY

Hi everyone

I have a question , your feedback is welcomed.

I´m receiving complaints of my client regarding a failure of a product. It seems the problem happened because of maintenance lacking.
When we delivered the products, this was accompanied by a manual where was explained the schedule of maintenance.

Now,I have to analize the problem, but it is not easy to do it because I can´t be sure how maintenance was performed.

How can we track the maintenance activities of a client in respect to the acceptance of claims?

Thanks

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: How to audit the Client Quality system?

Hi everyone

I´m receiving complaints of my client regarding a failure of a product
It seems the problem happened because of maintenance lacking.
When we delivered the products, this was accompanied by a manual where was explained the schedule of maintenance.

Now,I have to analize the problem, but it is not easy to do it
because I can´t be sure how maintenance was performed.

How can we track the maintenance activities of a client
in respect to the acceptance of claims?

Thanks
As always, the caliber of the answers depend on the quality of the questions.
From the little you described above, I have an impression that you expect your customer to READ AND FOLLOW the instructions in the manual as it relates to maintenance. It seems to me that we have a classical case of failure to communicate. Just because you have instructions in a manual, don't assume that the users of the equipment will receive, read and follow it.

If your organization is truly committed to customer satisfaction, you need to do a better job of CLEARLY LETTING THE CUSTOMER KNOW THE IMPORTANCE OF FOLLOWING THE MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE AND PROCEDURES, AT THE RISK OF LOSING THE WARRANTY. You can request them to keep records of the maintenance activities. But you can not impose anything onto a customer. At best, you can (and should) make sure they understand that warranty will be voided and the product's reliability and uptime will be impacted if they don't follow the specified maintenance cycle.

Who knows, you might be able to start selling maintenance services to the customers?

John Broomfield

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi everyone

I´m receiving complaints of my client regarding a failure of a product. It seems the problem happened because of maintenance lacking.

Now,I have to analize the problem, but it is not easy to do it because I can´t be sure how maintenance was performed.

How can we track the maintenance activities of a client in respect to the acceptance of claims?

Thanks

QAMTY,

May I suggest a product audit jointly with the customer starting with the product in use?

Objectivity, impartiality and humility probably will reveal the failings of both management systems.

Not only will your customer benefit so will you and your other customers benefit from the well-crafted nonconformity statements flowing from this joint audit.

John

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi everyone

Thanks
Probably I did not understand well.
Who performs the maintenance? Your organization?
If so , you should be able to control it according to the normal procedure of this process ( I mean post maintenance qualification, data analysis , schedule , personnel training and so on).

How did you conclude that the problem of product failure is related to a lacking of maintenance?:bigwave:

Top Bottom