How to Calibrate Laser Micrometer when no Calibration Company in the Country?

P

paperclip

Have interesting situation. have a Beta Lasermike that doesn't move but is in country w/o any calibration companies that can calibrate it now (since we flew it there) or calibrate later when due again. What are my options? I need to stay compliant to ISO 9001 13485:2003 (medical). I'd kind of like to do it by using calibrated go/no go pins that I can travel with. Will that fly?

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
Trusted Information Resource
First thing is to find an accredited lab that can calibrate super micrometers, and ideally using at least Grade 0 if not Grade J laser gage blocks.

P

paperclip

Agreed. But challenge is we simply don't have one. Do we have other options?

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
What are the tolerances of the items being measured on the Laser Mic? You may not have to calibrate it to its highest resolution if you do not need it.

Otherwise, your biggest problem it holding a stable enough environment to perform the calibration. The standards should be readily available. You need to assure that the are stabilized to the environment, and handled with glove to avoid affecting the standard with heat from your hands. Measuring, and calibrating, to millionths is not a cakewalk. It takes patience.

Top Bottom