How to Check for Legal (OSHA Federal & State) Updates

Mikey324

Quite Involved in Discussions
Good afternoon!

I would like to see if I could get some new ideas on how other companies check for legal updates. We currently get OSHA QuickTakes and can search OSHA.gov. The General Industry standard is applicable to our company. Does anyone know of an easy way to check for updates? I wouldnt want to overlook one during a search. Any information would be great. Just seems there has to be a better way out there!

Thanks again,

Mikey

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello Mikey !

Unfortunately I can't answer you regarding US OSH regulation... But just for your information, in my international group one of my missions is to survey about OSH regulation in Europe for our companies located in France (I'm french).

In my country we are fortunate that our different regulations are strctured and integrated as a kind of "one only text" so-called "code". For example the "labour item code" (including OSH requirements) is maintained and available on a free website. We can subscribe to an electronic newsletter that tells us the new regulations point (regarding OSH or any other topic).

This daily newsletter is free. I read its contents each day (just 30 seconds per day !) and I never miss a new legal OSH requirement (or repeal). When there is a new OSH I have only to read the concerned part in the "Labour Code" to understand our new part of OSH regulation and then to update my own "detailed mapping of OSH regulatory requirements applicable to ours companies in France". It's simple, efficient and free!

Best regards.

Henria

OSH Officer
Mikey, sa Randy have everything you need to bring happiness to you.
It's ok ? It's what you was looking for ?
Thank you Randy.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A ISMS (Information Security Management System) 27K Legal Acts Check List IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 1
G MSA check list to audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
M How Supplier Capacity check is done by competitors Manufacturing and Related Processes 0
M IATF 16949 8.5.1.3 Verification of job set-ups - Do we need secondary check? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
J Standard used to determine if check fixture gauge is acceptable Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
G Is it common to do a repeatability check during calibration of an instrument? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
V CAPA effectiveness check Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
A Statistical Analysis - Check if these organisms at different concentrations affect the growth of wheat seedlings Using Minitab Software 4
G Oversized Threads - What sized stab pin would be best to quickly check for oversized thread holes General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
G Stab Pin Size For Check Gage Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
B AS9110 Audit Check Sheet wanted Excel or Word Document AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
J AQL for Effectiveness Check - What AQL tiers to use on this type of sampling? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
G From an ISO 17025 auditor perspective must micrometer calibration check anvil flatness? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
F Position tolerance check gage manufacturing Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
S The procedure for replicate check in calibration lab as per ISO 17025 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
F Design check list for Cable and Wiring Harnesses Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
R Mass production handover check sheet (IATF 16949) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
bobdoering Handy training tip for SPC - the Check Engine Light Analogy Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 0
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
G What to Check - Set Up vs. In Process Inspections Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
B FDA Philippines has no check or balance outside the health department Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
Crusader Product Completion, Birth Cert, Product Check sheet - packaged with product Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C Serialization at Final Quality Check ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Example System & Process Audit Check Sheet for IATF 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
L Signal-to-Noise (S/N) Ratio formula check Design and Development of Products and Processes 2
M AS9100 7.6 - Check Method - PO Information AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S GR&R for a Stopwatch used to check a built-in Machine Timer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
R ISO 13485:2016 Clause 6.2 - Effectiveness Check ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Looking for a company local in Wyandotte, Mi, to come in check noise levels Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Difference between a "check" and a "test" Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Proper Gauging - GD&T - Attribute gage to check true positioning on the shop floor Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
S How to check runout on Id to ID diameters Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Y Is it possible to check the authenticity of a CFDA registration certificate? China Medical Device Regulations 7
M More than canned audit check-sheets? Auditing the Engineering Department Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 5
P Searching for a complete audit check list based on ISO14001:2004 ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
V Internal Audit using Plan, Do, Check, Act - Way to go? Internal Auditing 11
S Elisa kits for poultry disease check up companies US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
F Check List and Questions for Auditing Monitoring and Measuring Devices General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
E How to perform Discrimination check for Dial Indicator? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
B How to check the parallelism error of v axis w.r.t to lateral surfaces General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L Most appropriate Auditor to check the FMEA & PCP of a Manufacturing Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
K Too Simple an Internal Audit Check Sheet? Internal Auditing 10
D Samples & Inspection Check Sheet Templates Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
Q Chrysler required FMEA and Control Plan Document Audit Forms and Process Audit Check FMEA and Control Plans 7
B Capability Study => Check %Study Variance and NDC? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
C Ways to check to see if the gage is being used General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
H USFDA -QSR Audit Check List 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S Destructive Attribute MSA for Simple Water Leak Check in Trailers Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Quick way to check spline pitch runout for machine operators Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1