SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

How to Control Hold Points in Manufacturing?

Q

QAMTY

Hi everybody?

I´m defining some procedures for the inspections for equipment manufacturing at workshops.

In this arena as recently knew, in the manufacturing is used the term "Hold points"

Stopping the job, waiting for the Responsible or inpector answer, in order to have the solution.

Points are defined according the equipment or part.

It may be:

My question is:

Where does this process fits in ISO?

It is very important issue and in my opinion a procedure or Wi is deserved E.g. to stop the job, call the responsible, writing down in a form, etc. keeping the records, which are also important for the metric.

How is this managed?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hi everybody?

I´m defining some procedures for the inspections for equipment manufacturing at workshops.

In this arena as recently knew, in the manufacturing is used the term "Hold points"

Stopping the job, waiting for the Responsible or inpector answer, in order to have the solution.

Points are defined according the equipment or part.

It may be:

My question is:

Where does this process fits in ISO?

It is very important issue and in my opinion a procedure or Wi is deserved E.g. to stop the job, call the responsible, writing down in a form, etc. keeping the records, which are also important for the metric.

How is this managed?

Please share your experiences.

Thanks
You could fall under 7.5.1 clause, control of the production activities. I agree with you that it could be useful to have an operative procedure .
This activities, according to my experience, should be part of the maintenance program of your equipment. Based upon this consideration, you should also retain the record associated to this control, that could be part of the quality records (4.2.4 of ISO 9001).
You should also train the operators and technicians to perform the activities according to your procedure or check list, so this could be related to 6.2.2. clause of ISO 9001.
In case of the equipment belongs to a customer, also clause 7.5.4 could be applied.
I think that there are many linked activities for what you said in the post.
hope this helps:bigwave:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A How do you control your Hold area? Cage needed to be under lock and key? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 22
M Design Control - Management of Electronic CAD files Design and Development of Products and Processes 1
S TSCA (Toxic Substances Control Act) PIP 3:1 RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
S Use of Attributes Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
U Appraiser Out of Control Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
L Looking for Control Plan and FMEA Stamping process FMEA and Control Plans 2
Z AS9100 Control of Nonconforming Outputs - Rework Dispositions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
K ASME, ANSI, ASTM and similar specifications and their requirements for document control. Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Z Software for design control ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
K Quality Control/Assurance in the Metal Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 10
K Defining risk control measures IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 14
J Warehouse temperature and humidity control EU Medical Device Regulations 7
Jimmy123 IATF16949 Control Plan FMEA and Control Plans 1
D Control Number for Class III and IV devices Canada Medical Device Regulations 1
J Document Control Metrics Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
I Document Control Software Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
T Controlling Expandable Forms in Paper-Based Document Control System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
N ISO 13485 7.3.9 Change control in medical device software ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C UDI Questions on Control Units Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
A Quality Control Datasheets Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
M Control-self assessment Internal Auditing 5
GreatNate Master Control QMS software Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 0
A Prototype control plan FMEA and Control Plans 2
J Records Control - Does each individual record need to be numbered? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 2
shimonv Document Control Procedure Header Content Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
W FMEA - Current control and occurrence rating FMEA and Control Plans 3
S Which department should prepare the control plan? could you show me a standard regarding to this matter. FMEA and Control Plans 17
G Control Plan & PFMEA Review Procedure? FMEA and Control Plans 8
N What are the software audit and control steps Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
A Fabric roll inspection - What type of Control Chart to use? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C Monitoring and Control Instruments RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
M ISO14971:2019 - Verification of implementation and effectiveness of risk control ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
T Risks arising from control measures vs. ineffective control measures ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 11
J Need Change Control Yes/No Decision Tree Template ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P IQ, OQ, PQ protocol, and report templates for Distributed Control Systems in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Systems. Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
R Risk control measures as per ISO 14971 ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
T Linking Control Plans and PFMEA's FMEA and Control Plans 3
L How to add exemption or statement to control of document procedure? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
T PFMEA and Control Plans on legacy product FMEA and Control Plans 5
P IATF 16949 requirement - error-proofing in control plan IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C 8.5.1.1 Control of Equipment, Tools, and Software Programs - Questions about the extent of control of NC programs AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Q Version/Revision Control of CAD files Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
earl62 What is the best way to control special characteristics in Control plan? Is it Mandatory to have SPC for IATF 16949? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 12
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
Sravan Manchikanti How to interpret '8.3 Control of nonconforming product' for SaMD device while implementing ISO 13485 & MDSAP ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
Z Putting back excluded rows/data points in a control chart Using Minitab Software 0
J Control Plan use on the manufacturing floor FMEA and Control Plans 4
E Change in control plan - Do I have to do sampling? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D All Dimensions listed on control plan FMEA and Control Plans 10
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2