How to decide work-stream in scope of Quality - Roles and Responsibilities

J

JeanG

Hi everyone,
I am based in a new office of my company with 200 people from different sites, how to determine whoes roles and responsibilities are related to Quality, coz for those people who is not working related to quality, we don't want to provide them Quality Management Systme training, such as Finance, Legal, taxes.

I am going to set up a questionnaire for all employees to identify is my work-stream in scope? Anyone has better solutions for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Jean

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: How to decide work-stream in scope of Quality

Hi everyone,
I am based in a new office of my company with 200 people from different sites, how to determine whoes roles and responsibilities are related to Quality, coz for those people who is not working related to quality, we don't want to provide them Quality Management Systme training, such as Finance, Legal, taxes.

I am going to set up a questionnaire for all employees to identify is my work-stream in scope? Anyone has better solutions for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Jean
Jean,

When you think about it everyone has a part to play in delivering quality products. But let the processes that are essential to the success of your organization determine what people are in scope.

Analyze how your organization interacts with its customers and suppliers in converting customer needs into cash in the bank. End-to-end and at a high level this analysis determines the sequence and interaction of the processes that get work, do work and get paid. This is the value stream.

You may question whether invoicing is an essential process to your quality management system. But as you know cash is an essential resource (see 6.1). Likewise for promptly paying suppliers for conforming services and products and not paying them for nonconformity.

Determine the processes that direct and sustain the value stream from your common sense and the standard. For example, you know that recruiting is an essential process but you'll see no mention of it in the standard.

Whoever is involved with these processes are in scope.

John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
silentmonkey How to decide what characteristics need to be verified during incoming inspection? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S How to decide which medical device symbols go on label and labeling? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 4
J ISO 9001 - How to decide if a company needs or will benefit from certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
L Help me to decide which test to use - If each proportion belongs to the same population Using Minitab Software 7
T Can we remove a quality objective if we decide it is not measurable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B How to decide on a sampling size for Xbar-R charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D Service Identification - How can we decide if X is a service or not? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
R How to decide a suitable contact time from table 23 of IEC 60601-1:2005 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
C Medical Device Manufacturing in Controlled Environment? How to decide? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
M Statistical Method to decide Threshold Value from a Data Set Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
P Gauge Design Tolerances - How to decide tolerances for gauge design? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C Starting an MSA study - How to decide which is appropriate or required Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
S Lean or Six Sigma or TOC (Theory of Constraints) - How to decide Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
H How to decide AQL value? Sampling Plans AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 5
A Who to decide and select Internal Auditors and what are the criteria? Internal Auditing 18
M CAPA Rankings to decide if action is required Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
D Who should decide on my salary and adjustments? Career and Occupation Discussions 9
P How do you decide what is an acceptable Internal and External PPM number? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 17
M Overhaul QMS or start over? How do you decide? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
P How do you decide what is a Process, a Procedure or Work Instruction? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 89
J To Decide Which Factor has the Highest Influence on the Results Using Minitab Software 3
K Regulatory Requirements for ISO 13485 - Which country to decide? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B How to decide the ?U? to calcuate DPU and "opportunity" of DPMO Six Sigma 8
L Is the EPA is going to decide if the SPCC deadline is to be extended? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
M CA (corrective action) or Continuous Improvement? It's hard to decide. Nonconformance and Corrective Action 19
M how to decide the submission level for PPAP APQP and PPAP 2
Y How do we use SPC or other stat tools to decide product spec? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
D On-going capability - Can we decide for ourselves how often to measure cpk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
qualprod Cycle times, value stream mapping, inventory, average values? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
M Creating a Plant Level Value Stream Map Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 1
M Value Stream Mapping Calculations Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 5
Q Where to place a Down Stream Gage Inspection on an FMEA FMEA and Control Plans 5
J Agenda of Value Stream Mapping workshop required Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
R VSM - Value Stream Mapping (catheter manufacturing unit) Customer Complaints 10
S Value Stream Mapping for a Product Family Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
8 VSM (Value Stream Map) Issue Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
A How to understand the source of variability and "stream-to-stream variation" Six Sigma 8
M Value Stream Mapping or Deployment Chart in Services Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 6
C Value Stream Mapping Template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
V Any examples of Value Stream Mapping (VSM) for Product Development Processes (PDP) ? Six Sigma 3
P Value Stream Mapping - Trying to do Value Stream Mapping of our Products Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
S Value Stream Mapping (VSM) in After Sales Customer Support Service Department Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
V Value Stream Mapping - Loan Processing for Vehicle Asset Financing (VAF) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 4
T Quality Control System Ideas to stream line the PPAP Process ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Q Correlation Matrix and Value Stream Mapping? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
S Value Add Time Calculation in Value Stream Mapping (VSM) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 8
R Process VSM (Value Stream Mapping) help needed Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
R Value Stream Mapping in Forging and Machining company Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
R PPAP & Value Stream Mapping - How to eliminate waste in PPAP process APQP and PPAP 10
P Need guidance in VSM (Value Stream Mapping) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10