Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

How to decide work-stream in scope of Quality - Roles and Responsibilities

J

JeanG

Hi everyone,
I am based in a new office of my company with 200 people from different sites, how to determine whoes roles and responsibilities are related to Quality, coz for those people who is not working related to quality, we don't want to provide them Quality Management Systme training, such as Finance, Legal, taxes.

I am going to set up a questionnaire for all employees to identify is my work-stream in scope? Anyone has better solutions for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Jean

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: How to decide work-stream in scope of Quality

Hi everyone,
I am based in a new office of my company with 200 people from different sites, how to determine whoes roles and responsibilities are related to Quality, coz for those people who is not working related to quality, we don't want to provide them Quality Management Systme training, such as Finance, Legal, taxes.

I am going to set up a questionnaire for all employees to identify is my work-stream in scope? Anyone has better solutions for this?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards
Jean
Jean,

When you think about it everyone has a part to play in delivering quality products. But let the processes that are essential to the success of your organization determine what people are in scope.

Analyze how your organization interacts with its customers and suppliers in converting customer needs into cash in the bank. End-to-end and at a high level this analysis determines the sequence and interaction of the processes that get work, do work and get paid. This is the value stream.

You may question whether invoicing is an essential process to your quality management system. But as you know cash is an essential resource (see 6.1). Likewise for promptly paying suppliers for conforming services and products and not paying them for nonconformity.

Determine the processes that direct and sustain the value stream from your common sense and the standard. For example, you know that recruiting is an essential process but you'll see no mention of it in the standard.

Whoever is involved with these processes are in scope.

John

Top Bottom