How to define a Risk Based Approach for Supplier Management per ISO 13485:2016

alonFAI

Involved In Discussions
Guys Hello

I am in the process of revising my company processes and procedures to comply with the ISO13485:2016.
:thanks:
one requirement of the standard is to manage supplier in a risk based approach.

my intention is to perform a supplier base evaluation on a quarterly basis (in a risk based approach) if I should tighten the control on certain suppliers or add/remove performance evaluation activities for other supplier subjected to good/bad performance.

does any of you have suggestion or a tool/template for such assessment?

I want to emphasize that I have already segmented my supplier base to different classes according to risk associated with each supplier.

I want to perform the quarterly supplier base assessment to by comply with the new ISO13485:2016

thanks!!!!:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

yodon

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: How do I define Risk Based Approach for Supplier Manangement per ISO 13485:2016?

Before completely overhauling your processes, what are the risks which would warrant increasing evaluations (from annually?) to quarterly? And is that risk applicable to each supplier?

I doubt that there would be any canned form that would be appropriate for your case / your suppliers. I would think that you could take what you're already doing and expand accordingly (commensurate with the risk and applicable to the supplier).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T How do you define your Hazards? <a Risk Management discussion> ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 16
I How do you define Risk (Medical Device)? ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 30
V How to define Risk Acceptance Criteria? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Define Fault, Double Fault and Normal Conditions - Preparing a Risk Management File FMEA and Control Plans 1
R How to define risk levels in an audit - Is a Major critical? General Auditing Discussions 7
M Define voltage and frequency to perform tests 61010-1 and 61326-1 for CE certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
I Sampling processes - Who must define the AQL level? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 9
V Who should define and own the Design and Development Plan and how to maintain the updates and revisions. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S API Spec Q1 - How to define Management Representative competency for QMS Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 12
M How To Define ISMS (information Security Management System) Scope IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 9
K How to define Expected life service life of medical device Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
S How to Define Importers under EU MDR / Brexit EU Medical Device Regulations 3
MrPhish Should Potential Customer Complaint Outcome Define Registrar NC Rating? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
K ISO 9001:2015 clause 9.2.2 a. - Define the audit criteria and scope Internal Auditing 2
Q QI Macro Histogram - Can someone define *sorted data*? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
H How to define Root Cause when some points are out of control chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
M SOP or template for a study to Define Storage Conditions of Orthopaedic Implants EU Medical Device Regulations 3
D Definition Client - How does the government define their clients? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
G How to define the scope of QMS as per ISO 9001:2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
R How to define QMS certification scope statement? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
R Review of "Key Data" for contract labs, but SOP doesn't define "key data". Problem? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
G Procedure to define Signing Authority for Procurement Limits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
P Can a company define new quality standards for special industry ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L Are there any requirements to define barcode requirements ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
X How to define Calibration Acceptance Criteria General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
H ISO 17025 - How to define a "Test Equipment" ? ISO 17025 related Discussions 2
J Where do you define Internal Auditor qualifications? Internal Auditing 9
V Is there an approach to define the "must 'or' should" in supplier audits? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
T Internal Audit - How to define the Importance of Departments and Processes Internal Auditing 8
T Help me understand how to define Processes ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 40
L How to define R & D Receiving (Incoming) Inspection Plan Design and Development of Products and Processes 18
B How to define and implement Configuration Management Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C How to Define and Document Controls of Outsourced Processes Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
S Please help me define training requirements for a Career in Regulatory Affairs 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
K How to define the Acceptances Criteria for all equipment? Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
L Definition Program - How do you define Program with regard to ISO 9001? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 3
A Supplier Evaluation SOP - How do I Define Major and Minor Suppliers? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 14
Q Where to define Authorities and Responsibilities in Documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J Define Energy Used/Delivered - Applicable to Electrical or Mechanical Power or both? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
R 820.50 (A) (2)Define the Type and Extent of Control to be exercised over Vendor Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
A Where to define Process Tailoring Form used in CMMI in the ISO 9001 Quality Manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q Criteria to define QMS processes in ISO/TS 16949:2009 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
S How to define New Equipment? Device is Returned, Refurbished or Repaired Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
C Controlling Documents: Beyond the standard, how do we truly define what to control ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
C How to define Process Special Characteristics (SC) FMEA and Control Plans 4
kedarg6500 What is the meaning of "define/defined" in ISO 9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Crusader Local Control Document procedure....define it or not? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 24
M Excel Templates for Plan & Define Phase in NPI Process for Tire Manufacturer Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 1
R Define Data from Taguchi to Response Surface Methodology in Minitab Using Minitab Software 2
K How to define PVC Pellet Quality Manufacturing and Related Processes 8