How to define Acceptance criteria for Calibrated equipment before use

R

rameshs_10377

Hi

i have a equipments like multimeter, LCR,Oscilloscope, vernier, and many

during initial audit of AS9100 requirement. the auditor put an observation as per caluse requirement
"Does the organization maintain a register of these monitoring and measuring devices, and define the process employed for their calibration including details of equipment type, unique identification, location, frequency of checks, check method and acceptance criteria?".

our present practice is we are maintaing History card for each equipment when ever the equipment undergone calibration , we will verify the measuerents wrt to standard and accept the same

Please let me know how to define "Acceptance criteria for calibrated equipment"

Ramesh

S

samsung

In my opinion, you need to define your own acceptance criteria for the calibrated equipment. When you say you "verify the measurement wrt to standard and accept the same" which should mean that your acceptance criteria is what is written in the standard. Your acceptance criteria may be 'superior' to what the standard says. e.g. The standard says acceptable error +/- 0.04% but you (or your customer) prefer your equipment to be within +/- 0.02%, it will probably not be acceptable to you based on the criteria.

Acceptance criteria is a point where a decision is to be taken whether to accept or to reject ('not to accept').

Regards,

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi

i have a equipments like multimeter, LCR,Oscilloscope, vernier, and many

during initial audit of AS9100 requirement. the auditor put an observation as per caluse requirement
"Does the organization maintain a register of these monitoring and measuring devices, and define the process employed for their calibration including details of equipment type, unique identification, location, frequency of checks, check method and acceptance criteria?".

our present practice is we are maintaing History card for each equipment when ever the equipment undergone calibration , we will verify the measuerents wrt to standard and accept the same

Please let me know how to define "Acceptance criteria for calibrated equipment"

Ramesh

Hi rameshs_10377,

Great to have you in the Cove and welcome :bigwave:

Samsung has given great advise. Just to add on with some more info, we had one realted thread - How can someone create his own acceptance criteria ?