How to define Process Special Characteristics (SC)

C

cqt18060180

Process SC how to define

base my understanding, the parameter of process should be consider to SC in CP and FMEA right
do u agree my point of that ?

if you prepare one CP of product assembly, the Process SC will be less, but if you make a plating part CP, huge process SC
should be controled right ? i mean Temp. time, concetration and so on

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
A quick "Bump". Can anyone help with this one? Please - Help if you can. My Thanks in advance!

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
Process SC how to define

base my understanding, the parameter of process should be consider to SC in CP and FMEA right

ISO/TS 16949 explicitly agrees with that as well .

if you prepare one CP of product assembly, the Process SC will be less, but if you make a plating part CP, huge process SC

There can be so many triggers to designate a process parameter as 'Special'. For instance, when a parameter controls a Product Special Characteristics (especially if the likelihood of its own failure is high) or
when failure of a parameter can impact the safe operation during production or
those parameters of special processes where the resultant product characteristics cannot be measured, destructive testing notwithstanding or
any other instances when it requires reinforced controls.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Process SC how to define

The SC should be identified or confirmed in the Process FMEA. The Control Plan is used to plan for the control of an already identified SC.

Not necessarily. Any process may have a large number of SCs. For example, in an assembly process, the torque used to secure components may be an SC. Also the orientation of one component relative to another could be an SC.

Top Bottom