How to define Quality Objective and How to breakdown

M

Michaelzhang

:nopity: Hi all,

we all know that there are the quality policy, quality objective in our QMS.

but how do we detail and breakdown the quality objective. of course, using different way to put this issue in different company, however, the only purpose is to make it be measureable, clearly defined and documented.

In my company, we are using the QMOS (Quality Management Objective System) to obtain that. I wanna know how does your company do? How are they going to be changed? What intermediate steps will be taken? how lay out the means in a logical manner so they can be implemented.

Thx for your help and concern.

Michael :thanx:

M

MikeL

Objectives to performance measures

Hi Michael.

We start from a simple statement in the quality policy which might be

"delivery on time"

then we go to performance objectives such as

"number of late deliveries"
"cost of premium freight"

then we look at how will we measure these

"customer delivery ratings"
"days from receiving order to despatch"
"$ overbudget for freight"

we start gathering data and look at setting targets

Then if we are not hitting targets we raise CAR's or improvement projects that we can show are directly related to our objectives.

Y

Yugender100 - 2005

Look at my management

hi all,

I dont no why my management is not understanding about the importance Objective & Policies. I informed them so many times about the importance of Quality Objectives & Policies, but they are difining them..

its very doesn't it....

Thanks & Regards,
Yugender. K
ISO Quality Department
IIC Systems Pvt. Ltd.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Yugender100 said:
I dont no why my management is not understanding about the importance Objective & Policies. I informed them so many times about the importance of Quality Objectives & Policies, but they are difining them..

Why shouldn't your Management define the Quality Policy and Objectives? This is how I sometimes explain the communication of objectives throughout an organization...

• Corporate Management - What we want to do..."We want to make money!". How we will do this..."By improving Customer Satisfaction!"
    • Executive Management - What we want to do..."We need to improve Customer Satisfaction!". How we will do this..."By reducing Customer Complaints!"
      • Facility Management - What we want to do..."We need to reduce Customer Complaints!". How we will do this..."By increasing on-time delivery. By reducing truck residency time."
        • Department Management - What we want to do..."Increase on-time delivery and reduce truck residency time." How we will do this..."Improve scheduling and actual ratios. Decrease crane downtime. Decrease light loads."

M

M Greenaway

Why not try constructing a cause and effect diagram, putting the objective as the effect you want to achieve, and analysing the causes that make you achieve that objective (alternatively state the negative of the objective and then the causes of failure).

Once you have done this you should see lower level processes which you can then measure/monitor.

For example if your objective is on time delivery, you could draw your cause and effect diagram with late delivery as the effect. Causes on the branches of the diagram might include poor supplier delivery performance, poor scheduling, poor quality, poor carrier performance, etc, etc, for which you can then set measures, such as supplier on time delivery performance, sales order processing time, internal reject levels, etc, etc.

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Leader
Super Moderator
Sounds like I should post my Power Point presentation on "How to Choose Performance Indicators" as my submission for the month's reading.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Steve Prevette said:
Sounds like I should post my Power Point presentation on "How to Choose Performance Indicators" as my submission for the month's reading.
Please do!!

Rox & Martin - simply put and right on. :agree1:

M

Michaelzhang

verify and validate objective

:agree1:
Thanks Pal,

Well, Mikel, nice going. and M. Green, I agree with you, that is also a simple way using Cause and Effect diagram to solve it, meanwhile I am chewing Steve's PPT over, do I have a good taste ? :lmao:

IMHO, Implementing the Objective is not as easy as we think, especially measure it. to change, to make objective work, however, changing is difficult,and not like by everybody.

so... talk you later

Top Bottom