How to develop a Control Plan from a PFMEA (Process FMEA)

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Trusted
Thanks Marc, the basics never really go out of style.....always good to review, as it is so critical to many industries.....The Cove Is Great!!! :applause:

Hi all,
I have question about column (Control method) in control plan.
If we have 100% inspection on workstation by operator after operation assembly and no records is correct description in control plan?
for example :
100% inspection on workstation by operator after operation assembly - no records

description "no records" is correct practic or not acceptance ?:confused:
However is good pratic put comends in CP " no records"?
Thanks

kobyla

Re: Develop Control plan from PFMEA: how to?

Thank you for the explanation, can you please send me the redacted version of a PFMEA -> Control Plan from your latest product?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy123

Posts Moderated
I search also for a good guidance. APQP gives an idea. My interpretation:
- Develop the Process Flow Chart, based on the product characteristics (drawings, specifications).
- process variations of the product characteristics influence the performance of the product function, this could have a risk for the user. FMEA gives the answer, what’s the severity. FMEA gives also an answer, which process parameter have an influence (cause-effect Relation) to the product functions. Therefor you should have good controls for the process characteristics, sometimes, if this is not a suitable control the product characteristics have to be under control.
- CP list the process step no. and operation no. and the related controls. Add the measuring device, interval, instructions, reaction plan for emergency cases. CP is an extract of PFC and FMEA and less additional info. It’s more used for a fast overview, if all important characteristics have appropriate controls related to the risk. In my view the important point „risk“ is missing in CP, only the SC give a hint. What do you think, is my understanding right?

Last edited:

Top Bottom