How to do R&R? Part has 31 characteristics, requires 3 gages & 2 operators

W

Wolfnature

Measurement Analysis

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to Gage R&R and Measurement Analysis so I apologize if this question seems naive. I have been asked to perform a study and I am not sure what method I should use to go about it.

The parts being measured have 31 characteristics that are measured using 3 different gages and two operators. The issue has been raised to determine if measurements are accurate versus the machines producing parts out of spec.

Is there a method that I can use to get an overall anaylsis of the measurement system as a whole, or should I break it down somehow. I hope this is enough information to explain what I'm trying to do (I'm not even sure of what I'm trying to do yet). If anyone can offer any assistance or let me know where I can look I would be extremely grateful. If you need any more information let me know and I will gladly supply it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
MSA doesn't seem to be a hot number here....

I would look at each aspect and look for commonalities. There are a lot of possible variables but I assume, since you are using 3 instruments, that you are measuring 3 types of surfaces. Are you using 3 instruments or just 3 types of instruments? What are the instruments? I would be looking for a possible sub-set so you don't have to do studies on all 31 measurements but to do that you have to come up with a reasonable rationale.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K 10 parts, 4 operators, 3 replications and each part has 3 location to measure. Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Has anyone undergone a BARDA (HHS) audit as part of their grant process? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S ISO 13485 Consultant Question - The company has 5 part time employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Doubts about SPC taken in Machining - Part has +-0.01 Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
B Has FDA amended any standards in the 21 CFR Part 800 series? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
J PPAP for New Family Revisions when the Part has not changed APQP and PPAP 4
C Who in the supplier organization has to sign the PSW (Part Submission Warranty)? APQP and PPAP 6
V What has more weight: Master Print or Part Submission Warrant? APQP and PPAP 4
S Gage R&R Studies - Part that has 10-20 critical dimensions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
I IEC/TR 80002-1 Medical Device Software Part 1 has been published Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
S RUBBER PART has a special strong smell - Over-moulding with NBR rubber Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Gage R&R Study has Revealed No "Part to Part Variation" - My mistake? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Ajit Basrur Blocking a Mold Cavity - 16 cavity mold which has been validated for a part ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
R AS9100B - 2004-01 - Has been issued. AS9100B is AS9100A less Part 2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
D Certified shipment does it mean every part has to be checked 100%? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
N Reworked Finished Goods (FG) - Part of CoPQ? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
O Should a Covid vaccine and testing policy be included as part of ISO9001 or AS9100 risk management? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S 21 CFR part 11 version differences Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 1
A Is computing Hardware part of the IVD CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
abrego44 AIAG PPAP manual for service part APQP and PPAP 2
M Reference part calibration or verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
cgaro62 Using internal audits as part of document reviews Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 20
A Dielectric withstand of applied part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
M List of FAA Part 145 Repair Stations in MS Excel format? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 0
L FDA & 21 CFR Part 11 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 19
Q Can I use Cpk to compare if one part is usable in another part? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
I PFD (Process Flow Diagram) approach. Setup details as part of PFD? APQP and PPAP 5
B Combat Low Part to Part Variation in GRR Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
C Quality Manager as part of Management - 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
A Complaint review as part of the complaint handling process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D FDA Guidance on Computer Software Assurance versus 21 CFR Part 11 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
F Physical Part Measurement General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S Clean room not part of my certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A MDR ANNEX XI part A or Part B EU Medical Device Regulations 0
J Part submission warrant for Level 1 PPAP APQP and PPAP 1
K How to handle GTINs for different configurations of one device with one part number? Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
A 60601-1 : Integrated Dry ECG Electrodes = 2 Patient connections inside 1 applied part? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
E Zero part to part variation - Gage R&R project Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 15
0 To which part of 13485 does this refer? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Separation of F-type applied part and remaining parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
V Part selection for R&R studies Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
S ISO 9001:2015 vs 21 CFR Part 211 matrix Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
D CFR Title 14: Aeronautics and Space PART 120—DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING PROGRAM Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
D Is PMCF really a continuous activity per Annex XIV,Part B? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M 21 CFR 820 vs 21CFR820 vs 21 CFR Part 820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
N BF-type applied part MOPP vs secondary IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2