How to do R&R? Part has 31 characteristics, requires 3 gages & 2 operators

W

Wolfnature

Measurement Analysis

Hello everyone. I am relatively new to Gage R&R and Measurement Analysis so I apologize if this question seems naive. I have been asked to perform a study and I am not sure what method I should use to go about it.

The parts being measured have 31 characteristics that are measured using 3 different gages and two operators. The issue has been raised to determine if measurements are accurate versus the machines producing parts out of spec.

Is there a method that I can use to get an overall anaylsis of the measurement system as a whole, or should I break it down somehow. I hope this is enough information to explain what I'm trying to do (I'm not even sure of what I'm trying to do yet). If anyone can offer any assistance or let me know where I can look I would be extremely grateful. If you need any more information let me know and I will gladly supply it. Thank you in advance for your help.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
MSA doesn't seem to be a hot number here....

I would look at each aspect and look for commonalities. There are a lot of possible variables but I assume, since you are using 3 instruments, that you are measuring 3 types of surfaces. Are you using 3 instruments or just 3 types of instruments? What are the instruments? I would be looking for a possible sub-set so you don't have to do studies on all 31 measurements but to do that you have to come up with a reasonable rationale.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Partial FAI - AS9102 - One single drawing has 10 part numbers AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S FAIR - If we have not produced a part in over 2 years, but nothing has changed AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
D Has anyone undergone a BARDA (HHS) audit as part of their grant process? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S ISO 13485 Consultant Question - The company has 5 part time employees ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
S Doubts about SPC taken in Machining - Part has +-0.01 Tolerance Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
I Gage R&R confusion on a part that has little variation Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
B Has FDA amended any standards in the 21 CFR Part 800 series? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
J PPAP for New Family Revisions when the Part has not changed APQP and PPAP 4
C Who in the supplier organization has to sign the PSW (Part Submission Warranty)? APQP and PPAP 6
V What has more weight: Master Print or Part Submission Warrant? APQP and PPAP 4
S Gage R&R Studies - Part that has 10-20 critical dimensions Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 11
I IEC/TR 80002-1 Medical Device Software Part 1 has been published Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
S RUBBER PART has a special strong smell - Over-moulding with NBR rubber Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
S Gage R&R Study has Revealed No "Part to Part Variation" - My mistake? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
Ajit Basrur Blocking a Mold Cavity - 16 cavity mold which has been validated for a part ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
R AS9100B - 2004-01 - Has been issued. AS9100B is AS9100A less Part 2 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 13
D Certified shipment does it mean every part has to be checked 100%? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
D Is PMCF really a continuous activity per Annex XIV,Part B? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M 21 CFR 820 vs 21CFR820 vs 21 CFR Part 820 Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
N BF-type applied part MOPP vs secondary IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
D Relabelling a component that will be sold as a spare part - Do I become legal manufacturer? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
T Single Fault Condition IEC 60601 Clause 8.7.1 shorting Cr/Cl in Patient Applied Part IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 7
Anonymous16-2 21 CFR Part 11 - Steps to take if we want to validate an electronic system Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
DuncanGibbons Should the requirements FAA/EASA Part 21 be addressed within the QMS and AS9100D quality manual? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
K IEC 62304 compliance - Code reviews as part of verification strategy IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
G Gage R&R - Where am I going wrong? Part of a FAIR submission (Aerospace) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
A 21 CFR part 11 - section 11.100 - Electronic Signature Certification Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13; AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
M 2xMOPP insulation for Applied Part B. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
A ISO 41001:2018 - Clause No.8 Operations Part Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
NDesouza Getting Rid of Part Marking Errors Benchmarking 39
L Wearables 21 CFR Part 11 compliance Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
DuncanGibbons How are part cut out specimens made and tested? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
S Internal calibrations - Part of an ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory (Automotive) ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
Ed Panek 21 CFR Part 820 - FDA Label Requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 8
S CQI-23 - Molding System Assessment - Control of part weight IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
DuncanGibbons Looking for example aerospace part CAD files to be used for a case study Career and Occupation Discussions 2
T Overvoltages consideration in Applied Part for RMS Calculation. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
M Informational How to perform a clinical evaluation of medical devices – Part 2 – Level of clinical evidence and what sufficient clinical evidence means Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 9
E Part 11 Compliance, Excel living documents (i.e. document master list, equipment list, approved supplier list) Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 3
P Scope of application for IEC 60601-1-11 Medical electrical equipment — Part 1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M Informational Creating a post market surveillance (PMS) system for medical devices – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 7
Ed Panek Part 11 Self Certify Memo - What else should it cover? Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 5
M Informational How to perform a clinical evaluation of medical devices – Part 1 – Overview and sample of activities Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
rezayatmand IEC 60601-2-18 Medical electrical equipment - Part 2-18: Particular requirements for the basic safety and essential performance of endoscopic equipmen IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
R Question on determining defective units - I am not recording fixture to part rejected Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
C Serialised Defective Part Replacement EU Medical Device Regulations 4
B F-type applied part - Separation from ALL(?) other parts IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 8
N Use part of high risk device for establishing low risk device EU Medical Device Regulations 0