How to fill out Form 3654 for Material Conformity

NicoleinFlorida

Inactive Registered Visitor
Hello all,

This is my first post and I have a problem with Form 3654.

Currently, I am working on the 510k for our new device and one of its main component is made of Titanium. According to the requirements, because we will rely on the standard ASTM F67 and will not provide any bio-compatibility testing reports, we need to fill out the Form 3654.

Here are my questions:
"Was a third party laboratory responsible for testing conformity of the device to this standard identified
in the 510(k)?" ----- We will not test the conformity. Instead, our supplier make the statement in the purchasing order that the titanium meets with Chemical composition of ASTM F67. So for this question, should I fill in "NO"? Because we cannot provide the lab testing report.Or how could I answer this question?

And if the answer to this question is "NO", in the second page, what kind of information should I fill in the section of "Justification"?

Look forward to your answers. Really appreciated.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hello Nicole and welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

In my opinion unless your supplier confirms in writing that a third party laboratory was responsible for testing conformity of the device to ASTM F67 you should answer No. The justification you should provide consequently is whatever you have from your supplier. I think that's the best you can do without spending more on testing or formally engaging an expert toxicologist.

The above might fly as the evidence / literature for titanium biocompatibility is extensive. However, the FDA might require more. Have a look at the flowchart on p. 34 in this draft guidance. If your predicate has a similar titanium component it might help.

Cheers,
Ronen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A IRCA Application Form Fill - Guidance ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 22
K How to fill out an SREA (Supplier Request for Engineering Approval) form at Ford? APQP and PPAP 3
J AWS D17.1:2001 Fill In Form Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
M Class I Sterile Application-TGA - What application form do we need to fill in? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
S Training Evaluation Form - Evaluator feel difficulty to fill this form Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 12
M Chrysler 7 Step Corrective Action form - how to fill it out? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
F How to fill out an Appearance Approval Report (AAR) APQP and PPAP 0
M Media fill filters and the Media fill filtration process Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
R Specific ISO requirement to fill in all spaces on a move tag? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 25
D How to fill a Process FMEA - Three columns - Severity, occurrence and Detection FMEA and Control Plans 16
bobdoering Thanks to those that tried to fill the void Covegratulations 2
P Is it a rule to fill in all the 5 why in order to get the actual root cause? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
L Scope of TS16949 for Aftermarket Product and a Service Fill Product IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
B How to QC Small Micro-Fill Volumes in Amber Vials Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
E How to write an Aseptic Media Fill Validation Document Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
M Setting Solid Dose Drug Fill Count Ranges Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 8
J Can you use pencil to sign documents, fill out forms, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 52
N Can we use a black pen to sign documents, fill out forms, etc? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
B Can we fill-up blank field or alter information on the records? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Macro to fill up columns when shorter then others Using Minitab Software 4
D How do I Auto fill colour on excel if certain risk criteria is met on PFMEA? Help! Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
B How to fill s/c and c/c in DFMEA (Design FMEA)? Design and Development of Products and Processes 3
D Average fill label - "e" Mark, probably a UK specific requirement. Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
I Must Quality Incoming fill the checksheet for checking the Supplier part, In ISO TS? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
R ECO (Engineering Change Order) Question for all experts (fill the blanks) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M APQP application examples - I need APQP forms and guide how to fill the forms APQP and PPAP 3
D How to fill in the columns of a PFMEA for pure measuring processes? FMEA and Control Plans 16
ScottK What's the longest supplier self survey you've had to fill out? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 34
G When do you need to fill Team Feasibility Commitment? APQP and PPAP 14
T 6-panel report explained? How to fill out a "good" 6-panel report Six Sigma 14
M Percent recycle versus land fill benchmark - What percentage are you at? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
D Instructions for Forms - How do people know what to mark and fill in? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 17
L Does a backdate form format can be changed if wrong revision is used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D New Equipment form / template Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
C Certificate of Conformance Form - COC for each customer a controlled document? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
B EMPB (Erstmusterprufbericht) VDA form confusion + PSW VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
gunnyshore Form FDA 3500A MedWatch eSubmitter 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
M AS9102B Detail Part/Assembly FAI Form 1 box 13; AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A AS9102B - 3.6 Design Characteristics and form 3 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M AS9102 FAI Report formats - Boxes in form 1, 2, 3 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
C AS9145 Appendix D PPAP Approval Form APQP and PPAP 2
L Form-dependent position prevention control FMEA and Control Plans 1
Y Blank Fields on CAPA Form Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
P AS9102 Form 3 Dimension Results Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
M Informational EU – MDCG 2019-12 Designating authority’s final assessment form: Key Information Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Ed Panek Relevant questions on Substantial Change Form CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
B Documenting hardware on Form 2 of AS9102 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5