How to fix a plastic bag on leg with a bandage to take a shower

Mikael

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi:bigwave:

After a little surgery in my foot (nothing serious , I am fine:) ), I have this big "boot" around my foot.
So going for the shower I need to cover it with a large plastic bag so it dont get wet.

I got some elastic band, whatever you call it, to put around my leg and the bag to hold it tight around the leg so no water run into the boot/bandage.
It works not perfectly, but its okay, the main drawback is that I need to tight it so much that I feel I almost cut blood stream, last time I got a mark on my knee, so I dont think it is the best in the long run.

So far I found to alternatives:

1. Dont go for shower, use these tissues with cleaning stuff inside.

2. Shower on one leg with my "boot" leg on the zink (almost horisontal), though very demanding. Though: >Shorter showers > less energy on hot water > I save the world... lol.

Any other ideers?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
R

randomname

Re: How to fix plastic bag on leg

- shower standing on your head (bag then will be inverted and no water will run in)

- tape a strip of plastic to your leg just above where the bag opening is, and let it droop over top of bag so that water runs off shield below bag opening

R

randomname

- spray the boot with silicon or something else that will make it waterproof on the outside

Mikael

Marc, think that would be in the category as 1, thx .

Randomname: lol, I knew I should have put more attention into gym classes.
The other one is interesting, I think I need some waterproof tape then and save leg there, hmm ...

Last edited:
R

randomname

- take a bath instead, but when sitting in tub keep leg with boot bent at knee so lower part is pretty vertical, and have water level in tub below that of top of bag

BTW, I'm using TRIZ techniques to come up with these. If you've never studied it you should consider doing so. Phenomenal stuff for problem solving.

Mikael

Well, not like a real boot, sorry I am not sure what to call it in English. Around here we just call it a "ski boot".

It has a hardshell on the sides and behind, inside is some soft material wrapped around from leg to foot, I cannot seal the entire material . The hospital shall have it back so I cannot do too much with that. Also the foot cannot breath with silicone around it.

thx for suggestion.

Mikael

No tub in my home unfortunately, and still for accident I could not take the chance I must cover to be sure.

R

randomname

- remove boot when showering, but sit in a chair during shower to keep load off foot

Mikael

There is a bandage under the boot, actually I that is the one that must not get wet. I cannot silicone the bandage either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Y How to fix weight tolerance for plastic injection molded part? Does it vary with material groups? Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
R Problem solving activity - Three hours to fix the issue Manufacturing and Related Processes 14
Sidney Vianna LinkedIn bug - Anyone has any idea of how to fix this? Posts not showing for me in a Group feed. Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
G How to Fix Mis-Identified Dimensionally Identical Parts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
M Can an Auditor introduce a Consultant to help fix NCs after the audit? General Auditing Discussions 12
N How to Fix this Problem that is caused by so many different issues... Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
K Is there a "maximum time limit" for nonconformity to fix? Internal Auditing 11
S Systemic Problems Identified in Audit and How to Fix Them IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 10
M Questions pertaining to our last audit - Fix or Minimum Document Retention time? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
S SW (Software) Deferred Bug Fix - FDA Requirements IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
M How to Fix the Standard Bar of a Screw Thread Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
N IMDS Warnings - Customer Requesting Fix (removal of warnings) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 17
R The Improvement in Sigma Level (from Let's fix six sigma) Six Sigma 4
pammesue Too Many purchasing/supplier procedures How do I fix them? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
T Let's fix Six Sigma! Six Sigma 197
W A Diagnostic Exercise to Fix Problems - An Article Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 0
J Document control error - Root cause fix - Employee error Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 27
Marc Step by step, NASA is doing what it takes to 'fix the culture' Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 4
D IMDS for Like Components (Interior Plastic, Leather/vinyl Armrest, etc.)other than Color APQP and PPAP 1
A Help establishing regulatory requirements - Plastic dental cartridge syringe US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
C ABS plastic : which IEC 60601-1 tests to redo? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
A Glass and brittle plastic Policy - Required per FSSC 220002-4? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 0
Nicole Desouza Plastic Extrusion of Medical Device Components - No ISO or AS 9100 Certifications Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 7
Nicole Desouza AS9100D - Calibration of Dies & Tooling - Plastic Extrusion AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Fernando Drumond Calibration and Control of Plastic Volumetric Measurement Instruments General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
erozas2003 Color test on molded plastic parts Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
Z CQI-15 Welding System Assessment - Robotic Ultrasonic Foam onto Plastic "Weld" applicable? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
M Informational 2019 Meeting Materials of the General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational The USFDA Announces General and Plastic Surgery Devices Panel of the Medical Devices Advisory Committee Meeting on March 25-26, 2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
JT3M Looking for FMEA plastic injection molding FMEA and Control Plans 8
John Broomfield Cleaning plastic from our oceans - The Ocean Cleanup Venture Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 30
A Cleaning plastic parts for sterilized medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
smryan Chemistry and physics of plastic behavior - Any plastics experts in the house? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
K Sampling Plan for transparent tubular plastic parts from 32 different cavities Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
L I need an example rework procedure/instruction for injected plastic parts Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
J Finishes on Plastic Molded Parts Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
D Hot Plate Welded Plastic Strength Validation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
K Testing Large Plastic Pipe Imported Legacy Blogs 0
L Product Requalification for Plastic Injected Parts APQP and PPAP 3
A Plastic Injection Molding Process Troubleshooting Guide Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
T Customer Requirement for Sorting - Visual Defect on Plastic Part IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
M Kinds of plastic for molded parts in a main frame as structure Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
M Best Type of Grease for Vex Plastic Gears Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
M Lot Numbers of Plastic Disposables in an LDT (laboratory developed test) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S What is appropriate PPM level for a Plastic Injection Moulding Supplier Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 4
P Cross Section Issue - Dissecting a plastic part for measurement Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
N What Can I Do With Plastic Pellet Scrap? Manufacturing and Related Processes 17
K Plastic Resin designated as Significant Characteristic Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
S ECH (ethylene chlorohydrin) residues - Plastic catheter packed in a sterile bag Other Medical Device Related Standards 5
J Plastic Compatibility tests with the contact of mucous membranes Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3