How to Increase Customer Satisfaction Rating?

J

jm1231

I know the fact that you need to have good quality of products and services to increase customer satisfactory rating. Do you have any suggestions or action plan to increase the ratings or have a minimal customer complaints or feedback? Thanks in advance for those who will post.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

Migre

Re: How to Increase Customer Satisfactory Rating?

That's a fairly generic question jm1231 - one which could lead to huge replies if Cove regulars attempt to address it in full. What has prompted you to ask? Do you currently have a problem with lots of customer complaints and poor feedback? And what is the nature of your business?

In the most basic of terms, bear in mind the 3 key areas of quality, cost & time. Deliver a product or service in the agreed timescales, to the agreed quality levels and within agreed budgets and you're certainly heading in the right direction when it comes to customer satisfaction.

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

I know the fact that you need to have good quality of products and services to increase customer satisfactory rating. Do you have any suggestions or action plan to increase the ratings or have a minimal customer complaints or feedback? Thanks in advance for those who will post.
Customer satisfaction stems from overall business interaction and customer complaint is one of the major component. Simply check with the customer following :
1. How am I doing as you see ?
2. How are my products / services as you see ?
3. Are there any areas where you want to see me improve ?
With what answers you get make a action plan to work on them and get back to the customer after some defined period.

Last edited:
J

jm1231

I am doing action plan to improve customer satisfaction for our Quality Objective. I am looking of what else can I do to improve it. Genrally it is quality, cost and time but still wondering how?

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

You could apply one of the 8 principle of ISO 9001: mutual beneficial relationship and partnership with your customer and supplier. Most companies write in their quality policy that they exceed Customer needs. I think that stay in strict touch with your customer to improve processes could be the right way to do so.:bigwave:

Ajit Basrur

Staff member
Admin

I am doing action plan to improve customer satisfaction for our Quality Objective. I am looking of what else can I do to improve it. Genrally it is quality, cost and time but still wondering how?
Talk to the Customer representative and get to know their exact pain point. Once you know these pain points, develop actions around those to build their confidence.

R

ram4302

Hi
You can create one format for measuring satisfaction of your customers which address all your customer needs,expectations and your own requirements.After getting the actual results you will come to know what is your current situation and you will get a clue to improve upon that.

Pl.refer the ISO 9001:2008 Clause no.8.2.1

All the best.
:thanx:

Ramachandran P

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator

Customer satisfaction is about customer saying that he is satisfied with us rather than we telling that customer is satisfied to oursleves ~~~
There is no need of any rating we do and trying to increase the same. We must enhance our actions and responses such that customer increases his satisfaction being with us.
8.2.1 Customer satisfaction
As one of the measurements of the performance of the quality management system, the organization shall monitor information relating to customer perception as to whether the organization has met customer requirements. The methods for obtaining and using this information shall be determined.

This is what ISo9001 expects and there is no mention of any rating within this.

R

ram4302

I am not asking to make some rating. But system need to be created for measuring the customer satisafaction.Unless we make it we don't know where do we start for improvement.

I emphasis system here.
:thanx:

Celtic Warrior

Involved In Discussions

After many years of trying to measure and improve Customer satisfaction I am not sure this is possible in the 'true' sense. In my view all metrics employed to gauge customer satisfaction are in fact measurements of dissatisfaction. e.g. PPM failure rate, line side incidents etc.
I have tried many different methods to get a measure of satisfaction but each was met with the same or similar response from the Customer. "Please don't contact me unless there is an issue, as I am too busy"!
To get past this I decided some years ago to re-focus the actions taken to try to change the negative situation created by a complaint into a positive. This has been achieved mainly by emphasizing metrics and actions to achieve them based on speed, accuracy and effectiveness of responses to the Customer. e.g. response time to install effective containment, response time to install effective countermeasures, repeat incident prevention etc.
Focus on these metrics has yielded positive response from Customers who appreciate that whilst problems may occur, when they do, the best that can be achieved from the Supplier point of view is to minimize the disturbance at the Customer site and resolve that issue as quickly, efficiently and effectively as possible.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoCam Increase to bi-annual ISO 13485 audits ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Judy Abbott Increase the maximum allowable dose for E-beam sterilization Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
M Informational US FDA – Statement on agency’s efforts to increase transparency in medical device reporting Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
Edward Reesor Health Canada to increase PMS requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
R Employee diet to reduce absenteeism and increase productivity Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 24
M Increase in Major TS16949 Audit Findings IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
O Matlab Layout Command to Increase Size Using Minitab Software 1
S Bioburden Monitoring Sample Size Increase ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
X Justification of Decrease in Receivables, Increase in Negative Cashflows Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Q Analytical Tools to increase or improve Analytical Skills Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 1
V How to increase the Cpk level consistently? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 15
M How to Increase Registrar Audit Rigor? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 21
N New Seven Management Tools - Corporate Objective - Achieve 20% sales increase Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 3
F How to increase the technological knowledge of employees? Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 19
A Plug Gauge Size shows increase after use? Criteria for acceptance of the gauges? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
M How to increase survey response rate? - Process Effectiveness metric Six Sigma 5
B Why CB (Certification Body) Increase Audit Man days for ISO 9001:2008 upgrade? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
P How to increase EMS and General Environmental Awareness Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 20
B How to increase integration between our Quality & Environmental Management Systems Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
S Experiencing an unreasonable increase in lead times when requesting quotes? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 9
ScottK Screw Machine Stock Users - Increase in bent bars on receiving? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
D How to increase productivity in your plant? Real-Time Data Collection / Monitoring Benchmarking 2
ScottK It'll increase your short term memory by at least 15% Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
I Shutting Down over Requested Price Increase... IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
samer Are your employees asking for a salary increase? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
C Presentation Material on Kill Waste and Increase Productivity Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
D Chart - How high the Rockwell Hardness increase after material has been edgerolled? Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
B Radical attempt to increase usage of public transport in Newport, South Wales Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
T Origami gurus - Do they want the price of the product to increase? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
R Looking to Increase My Marketability in Automotive - Any Suggestions? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
P CQT Exam: Info needed - Boss says he'll increase my pay and promotion if I pass Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J How to get employees involved (increase awareness) with ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Kevin Mader Suppliers, more or less - Increase or a reduction in light of standards requirements Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
D Suggestions for Ishikawa for hyperdetailed customer - plastic molding automotive parts Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
J WAIVED ON Q1 - We Don't have to comply with FORDS customer specific requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A Customer Approval (Medical Devices) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Reduce occurrence rating based on the PMS data and customer complaint data ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 2
M IATF16949 Clause 9.1.2.1e - Customer notification related IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G Too many customer complaints Customer Complaints 16
lanley liao Does the customer`s trademark belong to customer-supplied property? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
J Customer Complaint & SCAR, false data Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
S Annual Inspection Layout - Based on Customer print ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
G Risk of stopping your customer's line IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Calibration/Verification of customer fixtures IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
D CB and customer audits considered as internal audits? General Auditing Discussions 9
O Informational Ford Motor Company Customer Specific Requirements for IATF 16949:2016 - 08 Jan 2021 Customer and Company Specific Requirements 0
G Bad Parts cause Customer line stop IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
O IATF 16949 News Ford Motors Customer Specific Requirements Update - Nov 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
D Question regarding customer feedback process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
D Change Approval Requirements - Does every change need formal customer approval? Design and Development of Products and Processes 17