How to keep Customer Engineering Specifications & CSRs Up to Date

T

Taliesyn

How do you guys ensure that these documents are up to date? We are pointed to a particular "portal" on the internet which is - in some cases - up to 4 years out of date! The particular OEM is dragging their heels in supplying me with a list of the current issues so that I can identify if there have been any changes .......... and our TS audit is rapidly approaching.:frust:

If we are not applying the CSRs correctly (as defined on drawings, etc.) we are going to get hammered by our CB but the OEM is just not playing ball. Does anyone have any ideas, please?:mad:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
How do you guys ensure that these documents are up to date? We are pointed to a particular "portal" on the internet which is - in some cases - up to 4 years out of date! The particular OEM is dragging their heels in supplying me with a list of the current issues so that I can identify if there have been any changes .......... and our TS audit is rapidly approaching.:frust:
I don't think you have to worry about TS audit for this particular case, provided you have a tracking system in place and all the evidence in the world to show your endeavor in keeping up with the updates of OEM. Does your contract talk anything about updation of CSR?

If we are not applying the CSRs correctly (as defined on drawings, etc.) we are going to get hammered by our CB but the OEM is just not playing ball. Does anyone have any ideas, please?:mad:
Are you referring to Customer standards or requirements referred in the Drawing? Please give some examples of kind of CSR you are referring to.

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
You need to worry about the latest CSR. Chrysler has sent out the last PPAP 4th Ed dated Aug 2013. Our auditors will give us a nonconformance if we do not have the latest revision of the CSRs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chennaiite

Never-say-die
Trusted Information Resource
OP, I think, is not talking about any of those that have their CSR published in the IAOB Website. I understand this is about an OEM whose portal for CSR has not been updated for the last 4 years and who doesn't also respond positively to Supplier's request for updates. That is the kind of importance the OEM provides in honoring mutually beneficial supplier relationship :sarcasm:
What improvements an Auditor brings through non-conformance, unless otherwise like I stated earlier there is no system in place for tracking updates.

Last edited:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
<snip> If we are not applying the CSRs correctly (as defined on drawings, etc.) we are going to get hammered by our CB but the OEM is just not playing ball. Does anyone have any ideas, please?:mad:
I have been in similar situations quite a few times - More so with respect to things like changes to a print by redlining and the print is never actually updated by the OEM, or if it was the revised print didn't make it to the supplier.

The best way to deal with it is to keep a history file which is evidence of the attempts you have made: Emails, record of phone calls including the number called and whether someone answered or you got voice mail, etc. The point is the auditor can not write you up if you can show good faith effort including the lack of response by the customer.

As to the portal, be ready to show the auditor if necessary.

No company should get a nonconformance from an auditor for something which is truly beyond their control.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Does ISO state in anyway that we MUST keep physical first piece parts? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
P How to keep a ISO 9001:2015 certification when a company is sold ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
A Awareness of Guidance and Policies - how do you keep track? Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
J How to keep MDD certificate valid when legal manufacturer has liquidity problem EU Medical Device Regulations 0
M Old Master Schedules - How Long to Keep? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
W How long do you keep information about equipment no longer used? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
lanley liao How to keep the manufacturing capability under the API monogram Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 7
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
P Images of Product for Automated Process - How long to keep? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
J Organization merger. Should we keep two separate ISO 13485 certificates? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R How to keep track of employee read-only training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 14
D How long should we keep the spare parts available for our medical device, after we have stopped the production? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
D What are the important things to keep track of in product audit checklist? Software Quality Assurance 3
Ed Panek Ideas to keep quotes for consulting service accurate on not inflated Consultants and Consulting 11
CPhelan Internal audit - Combine similar nonconformities in one or keep separate? Internal Auditing 6
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion How major corporations in the West keep failing to uphold their pledges of abolishing child labor in their cocoa supply chains Sustainability, Green Initiatives and Ecology 3
J ISO 15223-1: Keep dry vs. humidity limitation label symbol Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
R How to keep track of all FDA rules and regulations for medical device companies 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
S Where to keep Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) Validation Records ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
C ISO 14001 vs Existing Quality System - How to keep them separate? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 3
S Record Retention - How long must a company keep the following records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
Q Is Handwritten Raw Data required to keep with Electronic Records? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
E Design Dossier/DHF Updates - What to Keep EU Medical Device Regulations 2
L Product Safety Officer - How to keep VW Happy VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 24
AnaMariaVR2 FDA to keep closer eye on diagnostics: FDA chief US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
AnaMariaVR2 How to Keep the Fizz in Your Biz The Reading Room 0
H Best place to keep myself updated on EU Regulatory Changes EU Medical Device Regulations 7
T What Can Be Done to Keep Operations Trainers Busy? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 3
V Device Retains - How many people keep retains of finished devices and why? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
Q Material Changes - To keep questions and answers as records? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J SR-001 Revision - Keep watching for the new revision of SR001 (It is expected soon) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Antonio Vieira Do you still keep old numbers of Quality Progress in paper format? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
C Controlling QMS - We are expanding globally and want to keep our QMS Confidential Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 20
A Do you keep up your CCT (Certified Calibration Technician) Certification? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
P Self Motivation - How to keep it when overwhelmed with problems? Career and Occupation Discussions 13
Q Do we need to keep MSDS documents for all "chemicals" used in the factory? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 4
K How you keep yourself motivated in tough times? Career and Occupation Discussions 15
T From Manufacturer to Distributor - Still keep ISO 9001:2008 Certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
K Documents required to display/keep during ISO 9000 Audit in EPCC firm ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
M Dbase or Excel file to keep track on our internal failures (Non conform products) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
Q How should I Keep my various types of records .. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
T How much information should I keep in my Master Document Register? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
D Training Records - Requirement to keep original copy of training/assessment form? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 12
R How long do I keep expired Calibration Certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
Marc Flying will be a real pain now - New rules keep passengers in seats Travel - Hotels, Motels, Planes and Trains 7
S Revisions in ISO 9001 QMS Documents - Where to keep the record of revisions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
P New Year Goals and Resolutions - Did you keep your goals and resolutions in 2009? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
C Do you keep ISO 9001 when going AS9100? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Q How many records should I keep when implementing Corrective Actions Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
S Outlook efficiency to safely send a document, and keep traceability Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7