How to list multi-product sample pack in GUDID

dsaile

Registered
I have a client who needs to register in GUDID a sample pack that contains multiple flavors of a product. Each product within the sample pack has its own DI record in GUDID. I am trying to determine if the sample pack needs a Unit of Use DI, or if it perhaps should be listed as a kit? However, neither of these options seems appropriate: Each device in the pack is a different device, so assigning a unit of use DI to the record does not seem appropriate, and since each device in the pack is to be used separately, the kit designation is not appropriate either.

Does anyone have experience registering such a product in GUDID? If so, how did you do it? Any guidance anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

monoj mon

Trusted Information Resource
I don't have such experience, but may be you would need to register each device's primary DI separately and link it to the package DI of the sample pack. I created an example for you, you will need to replicate it for all the devices inside the sample pack keeping the Sample Pack DI same for them. As you have said that all the devices have their own DI records in the GUDID, so I would suggest to update those DI records to include the additional Package DI for the sample pack. In the "Package Type" area you can fill it up with something like "Box for Sampling" in order to keep it distinguished from other commercial packaging of the device. Once the samples have been used up by your client, then you may wish to simply discontinue that particular Package DI only, provided you don't have any plan to continue shipping in similar way to other clients. However, I would like to see if anyone else has a different idea to handle your situation. sample-GUDID-new.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom