How to number and control translated SOPs - Three languages

My company is semi-multinational so we decided to translate the procedures into three languages. How the procedures are numbered and controlled through your experience. And whether the entire procedure or certain points should be translated

Jean_B

Involved In Discussions
Question 1: does your document management system have any functionality with regards to languages/locales?
Question 2: are you including alignment of your training record system into this endeavour (avoiding duplicate training or mandating training to incomprehensible languages)?
Question 3: what is your manner of distribution/ making available of these documents? Hardcopy or digital?

Question 1: does your document management system have any functionality with regards to languages/locales?
Question 2: are you including alignment of your training record system into this endeavour (avoiding duplicate training or mandating training to incomprehensible languages)?
Question 3: what is your manner of distribution/ making available of these documents? Hardcopy or digital?
What i did in the past, was to use one document, just one code for the document, e.g.pro-pur-001(a purchasing procedure and consecutive), then developed one part in English, next part in Spanish.
Then I trained the document to people in English and Spanish.
Hope this helps

What i did in the past, was to use one document, just one code for the document, e.g.pro-pur-001(a purchasing procedure and consecutive), then developed one part in English, next part in Spanish.
Then I trained the document to people in English and Spanish.
Hope this helps
Do you mean that you are translating each paragraph for the two languages. either you write the procedure in one language followed by the translation of the second language, but in the same file.

Top Bottom