How to prepare for the "Interview" Portion of AATT Course Question

A

Auditman64

So, there is an instructor at my company this week conducting an AS9100 Lead Auditor Class, and he explained to some of the class participants that the “interview” portion of the AATT course is incredibly difficult to get through for anyone interested in taking the AATT course later on.

(a friend of mine in the class communicated this to me):)

I took the AS9100 Lead Auditor course last year, and I’m scheduled to take the AATT course this June.

I’ve been pouring over AS9100, AS9101, AS9104, and AS9110 to prepare for the course as well as completing the modules in the online portion that has to be completed before the course.:read:

My question is: how does one prepare for the “interview” portion of the course, what’s entailed, and what aspect is the interview coming from?

In other words, are the instructors interviewing you for a possible position with a registrar, or is it a mock interview between auditor and quality manager?

Thanks in advance for any & all replies.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
How to prepare for the "Interview" Portion of AATT Course Question

So, there is an instructor at my company this week conducting an AS9100 Lead Auditor Class, and he explained to some of the class participants that the ?interview? portion of the AATT course is incredibly difficult to get through for anyone interested in taking the AATT course later on.

(a friend of mine in the class communicated this to me):)

I took the AS9100 Lead Auditor course last year, and I?m scheduled to take the AATT course this June.

I?ve been pouring over AS9100, AS9101, AS9104, and AS9110 to prepare for the course as well as completing the modules in the online portion that has to be completed before the course.:read:

My question is: how does one prepare for the ?interview? portion of the course, what?s entailed, and what aspect is the interview coming from?

In other words, are the instructors interviewing you for a possible position with a registrar, or is it a mock interview between auditor and quality manager?

Thanks in advance for any & all replies.

I took my course a couple of years ago and don't waste your time reading any of the standards - they won't help you. As I remember, the oral exam is not graded in front of you and you will not know the results - neither your instructor (unless they changed the rules).

The oral exam is based on the material provided to you and a scenario.

Note: don't be shy in issuing Major - NCR - they love this.

Hope this helps - but it has been a couple of years and a lot of criticism of the course.

Give us feedback of the results.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Auditman64

Re: How to prepare for the "Interview" Portion of AATT Course Question

Thanks Dsanbria, you always seem to be the only one coming to my rescue in here.

I was just a little nervous about that aspect of it because there are so many specs, and so much material to read & study to prepare for the course but nothing really to prepare for the interview.

After I made this post I tripped over something that explained the interview is basically the portion of the course where the instructor is going over the audit package that you complete. (a fictitious audit report by a fictitious company)

I guess their looking to see if you filled out all of the forms correctly, and also to see how “hard” you were on the fictitious company that you did the audit on.

Last question, should I solely focus on reading AS9101 over & over again until I’ve damn near memorized it, or should I also focus on other specs as well to get through the final exam that will be given at the end of the course?

Thanks for always answering my questions, it’s very much appreciated.

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

Thanks Dsanbria, you always seem to be the only one coming to my rescue in here.

I was just a little nervous about that aspect of it because there are so many specs, and so much material to read & study to prepare for the course but nothing really to prepare for the interview.

After I made this post I tripped over something that explained the interview is basically the portion of the course where the instructor is going over the audit package that you complete. (a fictitious audit report by a fictitious company)

I guess their looking to see if you filled out all of the forms correctly, and also to see how ?hard? you were on the fictitious company that you did the audit on.

Last question, should I solely focus on reading AS9101 over & over again until I?ve damn near memorized it, or should I also focus on other specs as well to get through the final exam that will be given at the end of the course?

Thanks for always answering my questions, it?s very much appreciated.

NAH - Just stay awake for the course and take notes - they don't really go to much into the standard but be familiar where to find concepts.

A

Auditman64

Thanks, I will.............

Top Bottom