How to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer

Hello. Does anybody knows how to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer? I understand that Measurand mean reading is from the device being tested and standard mean reading is from the standard device. If for example, the measuarand mean reading is 21.0 deg Celsius and the standard mean reading is 20.4 deg Celsius. Ans the correction is -0.6, and the uncertainty of measurement is +/- 0.70.. What does it mean? I'm really sorry if my question seems simple enough for most of you but I'm really having a hard time explaining this to my superiors. Thank you for your time and understanding.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dwperron

Trusted Information Resource
Hello. Does anybody knows how to read a calibration certificate for thermo hygrometer? I understand that Measurand mean reading is from the device being tested and standard mean reading is from the standard device. If for example, the measuarand mean reading is 21.0 deg Celsius and the standard mean reading is 20.4 deg Celsius. Ans the correction is -0.6, and the uncertainty of measurement is +/- 0.70.. What does it mean? I'm really sorry if my question seems simple enough for most of you but I'm really having a hard time explaining this to my superiors. Thank you for your time and understanding.
Standard Mean Reading is the actual temperature applied to your unit being calibrated.
Measurand Mean Reading is the result displayed on your unit being calibrated.
Correction is the difference between the Measurand (your instrument) and the Standard (actual temperature applied)

Uncertainty is a discussion all by itself. The simple answer is that no measurement is perfect, and has some amount of uncertainty that needs to be considered. For the equipment being used for this calibration the lab determined that the result produced by the unit being calibrated will be within ± 0.7° of the true value of the temperature 95% of the time.

dgriffith

Quite Involved in Discussions
m2pineda,
At the risk of being presumptuous, be mindful of the words correction and error. Your cert has a signed correction to add, and as you can see, that is the standard minus the UUT (20.4 - 21.0 = -0.6). Adding the correction -0.6 to 21.0 returns the 20.4 reference temperature.
Signed error (deviation) is UUT - Ref, which returns the error with proper sign (21.0 - 20.4 = +0.6). Be careful when graphing calibration results and don't mix them together. All of this assumes same dimensions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A How to read an analog instrument during calibration Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
A Read instruction manual - What Graphic Symbol must I use? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
R How to keep track of employee read-only training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Informational Interesting read for risk managers – The Psychology of Prediction Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
R Over read of physiological data by technicians EU Medical Device Regulations 0
B QRQC vs JIDOKA - I read somewhere that QRQC is like a French version of JIDOKA Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 2
Marc Posting Job Openings - Read Me Please - 27 January 2019 Job Openings, Consulting and Employment Opportunities 0
D Do people read PEARS (Process Effectiveness Assessment Report)? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 15
B Does Anyone utilize MS Outlook Read Receipts ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
J Good Internal Audit Read Internal Auditing 0
I Has anyone read BIP 0115:2014? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
M What positions are required to read your quality manual? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M Effectiveness of Read-Only Training for Procedures Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
S Read Only & Password Protected - Sufficient to Control Documents under 4.2.3? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
K Where you can read other companys' 483 FDA Warning Letters 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
S Poll result difference : how do you read it? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
J Does Every Staff need to read the ISO9001 Quality Manual from Cover to Cover? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
Q How to read and interpret an SIPOC (Suppliers Inputs Process Outputs Customers) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
M What do 'Read Across', 'Drill Deep' & '6 Panels' mean in GM's QSB Sheet? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Marc Experts Determine Age of Book 'Nobody Can Read' World News 9
J How to read the "Median Rank Table" for Weibul Plots Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
automoto What are the VDA 5 requirements? Can't read German VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 2
L The Checklist Manifesto - Anyone read? Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 15
V Opinions of those who have used/read David Hoyle's ISO 9000 Handbook Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 2
A How to read a BS6001 Sampling Plan? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
M Minitab 15 - READ, SET from keyboard or file doesn't work in my macro Using Minitab Software 4
A Does anyone read another's blog? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
A A MUST READ---cross selling...good one.. Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 3
G Swine Flu PPT.. Do read !!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
Y Which version of ISO 9004 would you recommend to read today? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
M Getting employees motivated to read and follow procedures ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
ScottK Make sure to read the en.Wikipedia home page today After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
Manix I read this and thought of you lot!! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Marc What Comic Strips do you read every day? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 23
V IMO our people don't need to read manuals or procedures and document changes to them Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 60
Marc Look Across, Read Across - GM - Visteon Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
Scott Catron PLEASE READ before posting or viewing threads Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
Z Good sites to read up on ISO14001 Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 4
P GM's "Read Across" Process that shares 8D results across divisions and locations Customer and Company Specific Requirements 4
Q Gage Supplier - Need a 72" (min) Digital Read Out LLM for the Shop Floor General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
ScottK Does anyone else here Read and/or Collect Comic Books? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
D Does anyone know where to buy an instant read dosimeter? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
C Struggling to teach a co-worker how to read dial calipers, any advice? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
K What magazines do you read for enjoyment? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 26
B Star Wars Books - Anyone Else read/reading them? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
D Micrometer that will read accurately to .00001 inch - Seeking General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
R SPOILER: Don't read if you haven't finished Harry Potter and the Mud Blood Prince Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 19
J Looking for Quality/Mfg. books that read like novels Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 16
D Read or recite? Is it OK to read the company quality policy from a sheet of paper? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
D Drill Deep Worksheet and Read Across Matrix - GM specific requirements Customer and Company Specific Requirements 9