How to Record Evidence for Verification/Calibration of Equipment

Uriel Alejandro

Involved In Discussions
Hello people from the cove,

I'm trying to build a general procedure for calibration and verification with some general requirements (about how to Identify equipment, how to set programs for calibrations, how to make detailed calibrate instructions, etc.)

I already know difference between calibration and verification (which as I see is one of the most discussed topics about this clause here in the cove). But I’m in the part of set my forms to record evidence for calibration and verification. So, some simple questions came to my mind: It´s correct to use certificates just as the calibration ones or should be something simpler? What kind of information should the records contain?

I’m not totally in blank; I just need some good suggestions to confirm or complement my ideas. Any help will be great.

Thank you

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions

I'm trying to build a general procedure for calibration and verification with some general requirements (about how to Identify equipment, how to set programs for calibrations, how to make detailed calibrate instructions, etc.)

I already know difference between calibration and verification (which as I see is one of the most discussed topics about this clause here in the cove). But I’m in the part of set my forms to record evidence for calibration and verification. So, some simple questions came to my mind: It´s correct to use certificates just as the calibration ones or should be something simpler? What kind of information should the records contain?

I’m not totally in blank; I just need some good suggestions to confirm or complement my ideas. Any help will be great.

Thank you

While no procedures are required by the standard.

The best way to go about this is to take each paragraph of the standard (AS9100 Rev C) and meet all of it's requirements.

Look at your process carefully (flowchart works OK - if you want to visualize your process and see if your process meets the requirements of the standard.

Don't forget to include RISK, missing gages and recall process.

Uriel Alejandro

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for your advice, it reinforces what i´m doing.

Now, In the part you said:

Don't forget to include RISK, missing gages and recall process.

What do you mean about include Risk?

Last edited:

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
Thanks for your advice, it reinforces what i´m doing.

Now, In the part you said:

What do you mean about include Risk?

Risk... = What if...

example:

What if a Gage that I know has a history of being calibrated or repaired constantly.

What if I have a recall on a Gage and I can't find the Gage.

What if the Gage is dropped and they use it....

on and on and on

NOTE: Best way to do this exercise is to get a few workers in a room and do this exercise in brainstorming.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uriel Alejandro

Involved In Discussions
Oh! Ok, It´s clear for me now :) ...

And yes, It´s a very important think to definetly have in mind.

Thank you very much

Last edited:
V

vicentepv

Thank you

Heeyy, I'm from Mexico, first check this, there are some procedures

Attachments

• ANEXO%20B_MANUAL%20DE%20PROCEDIMIENTOS[1].pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 287

Uriel Alejandro

Involved In Discussions
Hi Vicente, It´s nice to see people from my own country here in the cove.

I'm checking the procedures you attached, they look fine. For now, I skipped to the part of calibration and veriification forms and it gave me some ideas.

Gracias!

Last edited:
Top Bottom