How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some mistake was done.

How to reply NCR on ineffectiveness of corrective action on Control Plan documentation during IATF external audit? This is repeated issue whereby some terminology mistake was done without proper review by internal team. This is argument on Product Characteristics and Process Characteristics was not properly interpreted in Control Plan... the engineer mistaken put "PCB dimension" in Process Characteristics whereby the process is transfer FIFO process on conveyor adjustment according to PCB dimension.

Last edited:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
The IATF auditor argued "PCB dimension" is Product Characteristics and I am not aware until I returned from vacation and the worst my company QMR accept this as major NCR.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
Is "PCB dimension" not a Product Characteristic?
Most dimensions are...

Yes, PCB dimension is product characteristic. It is silly mistake make by the CP writer, same column similar process at up stream.. was interpreted as "PCB transfer". How to reply this major NCR as previous wrote long reply on training etc.?

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Yes, PCB dimension is product characteristic. It is silly mistake make by the CP writer, same column similar process at up stream.. was interpreted as "PCB transfer". How to reply this major NCR as previous wrote long reply on training etc.?
It's not clear how "ineffectiveness of corrective action" relates to the issue you describe. It's always best to post the complete text of the auditor's NC statement so we all know what's going on.

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
As I understand this is an additional Major for corrective actions due to a repeat finding as to CP as defined by the rules
The fact that you did state "was done without proper review by internal team " shows you need to improve your corrective action process.
The issue is not the control plan but your corrective action process.
The major for the CP needs to be looked at.
If "the worst my company QMR accept this as major NCR. " and you don't accept this then appeal.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
This is actually happening. Guy misses a colum on the control plan which has no affect on the actual process and all heck breaks loose. For the control plan issue you have a lack of "competency" issue. I suppose more training and experience is in order.

But the "ineffective" corrective action process is a problem. I would focus on root cause analysis. Lack of "competence" maybe. Root cause trading could be the fix. Good luck.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Medical Device News EC – Commission reply to a Petition “For a Compensation Fund for PIP Breast Implants and CE” from the website change.org Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
I How to reply to customer 8D Fishbone related to a corrosion issue? Preventive Action and Continuous Improvement 7
I Corrective Action Reply to a Customer - Operator Error Nonconformance and Corrective Action 50
I Reply requirements to satisfy 21 CFR 820.198(e) 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
F Can we reply to a CAR (Corrective Action Request) without Root Cause? Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 24
A If you use Magic Windows Professional SPC Software. Please Reply Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
U Response to FDA 483. Responded within 14 days and now waiting for reply US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 7
F Multi-Level CA (corrective action) Process? Levels of investigation, reply deadline Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
S Favour Friends-No reply QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
N UNcertainty Queries !!!PLease reply ! Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 5
C NCR (Nonconformance System) Software Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
K My question is, what/when is a nonconformity? Therefore what requires an NCR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
L How to write a proper defect description in a NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
qualprod When to write up a nonconformance and require a NCR - We produce labels ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
M Issuing NCR for improper method statement submissions Internal Auditing 10
A Scrap is NCR or not - What regulation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 33
Q Interaction of Processes IOP NCR Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 7
W Surveillance report along side an NCR program Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A NCR, NCMR, CAPA, Deviations - Medical Device Distributor Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
D Can an AS9100 auditor issue an NCR a month after the audit? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
K AS9100 - No NCR's or CA's during Stage 2 Audit AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
W IATF 16949 Clause 6.1.1 - My first Major NCR (Management Review) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 57
K NCR or CA? We're taking any issue we have and saying its a nonconformance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 11
S Re-validation NCR - In which cases re-validation of processes is required Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 6
Pancho United Airlines NCR Nonconformance and Corrective Action 43
Q Practical Way to raise NCR's in an Assembly Workshop ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
W NCR Performance KPI Monitoring in an Industry like Construction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
A ISO/TS 16949 - Sharing Certification Audit Report (NCR's) with the Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
N Any comment, if a supplier raise an NCR to the Client? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 5
W Auditor Remorse for not issuing an NCR AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
Q Criteria for not rising NCR's in 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
I NCR for Customer not updating their drawings AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
R How do you perform verification of a NCR (Nonconformance)? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
N New to ISO 9001 - NCR for every defect? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
B Combining a CAR, an NCR, and an Accident Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
K Validity of Using NCR's to evaluate Performance Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
P Differences between an NCR and CAR Internal Auditing 9
N NCR and CAPA in the FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) Industry Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
T Do Customer Returns = NCR and CAR? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
K Nadcap (AC7107/7 C, paragraph 6.1.b) NCR - Machining Tensile Specimens AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
L How to track the NCR (Quality Notification, Services Notification) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
F AS9100 Management Review NCR help - Output of the MR is not Adequate AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
Q ECR (Engineering Change Request) or NCR (Nonconformance Report) in Fabrication? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q NCR before the Product is delivered to the Customer? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
D Is an NCR required in this Customer Complaint scenario? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 6
W Process Effectiveness NCR's (Nonconformance Reports) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R Internal Auditing Checklist - Major NCR because the Checklist was not Completed Internal Auditing 17
S Is an 8D Report and a NCR (Nonconformance Report) the same? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
N NCR (Nonconformance Report) Combined with Corrective Action Report? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
B Format for Discrepant Material Report (DMR) - Nonconformance Report (NCR) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1