How to review Customer Satisfaction Clause when the Survey forms are not returned?

H

humtum1977

Re: How to review Customer Satisfaction Clause when the Survey forms are not returned

well cliff, in my view i have made the scoring to make management work easy, you know most of the management have less time to check all that feedback one by one which may be more time consuming

and regarding the misleading the management i think if employee is faithfull to his job and can effectively present his presentation then there is very few chance of misleading.

anyway thanks for the reply

J

JaneB

Re: How to review Customer Satisfaction Clause when the Survey forms are not returned

I think it's important to point out that calculating scores can easily degenerate into an exercise of adding apples to oranges and dividing the sum by pomegranates.

And once you have some numeric score, assuming it's a sound number, how do you decide what it means? Is it good? Is it bad? If it's lower than last quarter, is it random variation, or is something actually going wrong?

The point here is that numerical scoring and its interpretation carry at least two risks. First, it's so easy to do wrong. Second, numbers are so seductive they can easily mislead management into doing the wrong thing.

Or even (mis)lead auditors into thinking that the company is 'doing' this stuff when it isn't.

It's a too-easy 'for the auditor' thing too often.
Q: What are you doing about customer satisfaction?
A: Oh, here's our latest survey, look at our graph.

Uh huh.

But I have seen too many nifty looking graphs based on 'surveys' which looked nice, and satisfied auditors. But when I asked the companies what value they were, what useful information they were getting from them? Nil. :nope:

IF you can get a reasonable survey (meaning effective questions) and IF you can get people to return them, and IF you get useful data from them, then I agree they are a useful tool. But they are not the be-all and end-all and they are not the only method.

I've had many long and valuable discussions with my clients about this, and been fascinated about their various unique situations and how they have grappled with this question of how to monitor their customers' perceptions. And no, they most certainly had not only just started to do this stuff when they decided to go ISO!

Ask yourselves the question: why would someone do and return a survey to you? Why would you? And how many have you dropped in the bin?

I spent 2 years answering customer surveys for my bank when it rang & asked. After 2 x 2 of that (half yearly), I jacked up & refused to do them any more. Same old questions, didn't ask what I wanted them to, didn't allow special cases or comments, and most importantly: I could not see that any changes occurred at all. So why waste my valuable time?

I disagree that qualitative data ain't data. It is. Intelligent management listens to what their customers say, and take it on board.
I'd a sight rather have a 10 minute discussion with someone I really felt was listening to what I was saying than waste 5 minutes on those stupid one size fits all surveys. OIr a long management discussion about (say) repeat customers and why they still are repeat customers, than try and get said repeat customers to 'fill in a survey'.

J

JaneB

Interesting quote, Brad. And very apposite.

Particularly interesting, the findings that

customers’ meanings regarding their perceived experiences are more complex than can be captured by a single, numeric assessment of overall satisfaction and, second, that these meanings
do shift and combine in unique ways.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource

Even the best designed customer survey responses typically lean towards the negative. Most people do not return them if they are happy, but will love to respond if they have a gripe. On the other end, the customers that really hate you will not waste their time to respond - they are already spending their efforts to get rid of you.

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
hi all

What to do if customer does not give feedback for the CUSTOMER SATISFACTION REVIEW, i mean if customer does not give response for the
question that we had given to them four our cust. satisfaction review

well our company had customer satisfaction reveiw form to the customer and asked them to fill out and feedback us with their valuable answer, but only few customer had responded to it, is there any way to tackle it.

And can any one give me some attachment in excel or any other format how to review customer satisfaction question and how to make it effective.

thanks in advance
for your valuable responses.
On way, I usually do is to call the customer, read them the survey listen the responses, after that, to send them an email containing the questions and responses and ask them an acceptance.
Is easier for them than filling out forms, questionnaires, etc.

Top Bottom