How to save money on type 394 button-cell batteries

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
I just ran across a very interesting bit of information while stumbling about in the Series of Tubes. If you use type 394 button-cell batteries you can buy them individually for anywhere from a buck or so up to about $5, or you can buy a pair of Energizer A23 batteries:

And open them up. Inside each you'll find a stack of eight 394 batteries.

As the linked video indicates, the pair of A23 batteries will yield 16 of the 394s, and costs less than $2.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

LRE67

Involved In Discussions
Good luck in finding the Energizer A-23 in a store somewhere. I've looked in electronic stores such as Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc. They don't have them. I even went to Energizer's web site. They say you can purchase them at Target Stores, Walmart and Walgreens. I tried all those stores also. They don't seem to be a shelf item. (At least here in the Great Lakes area)

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Good luck in finding the Energizer A-23 in a store somewhere. I've looked in electronic stores such as Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc. They don't have them. I even went to Energizer's web site. They say you can purchase them at Target Stores, Walmart and Walgreens. I tried all those stores also. They don't seem to be a shelf item. (At least here in the Great Lakes area)

Anything here?

Stijloor.

LRE67

Involved In Discussions
Thanks for the reply, Stijloor. I figured I could order them somewhere online. I was just hoping to pick them up at a store when I was there. I guess they must not be a big seller in this area, so they just don't stock them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Skooma Receiving Inspection - Boss trying to save money AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
Marc How to Live Easy in China on $475 a Month and still be able to Save Money Immigration and Expatriate Topics 2
SteveK How to be more efficient in Medical Device QA and save money? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 17
Howard Atkins A search can save money - Buying Standards Imported Legacy Blogs 5
J Temperature / Pressure / Vacuum training - In-House Calibrations to save money Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 13
Jim Wynne A Six Sigma Challenge on Usenet - Does six sigma *really* save money? Six Sigma 9
A Minitab 18: How to automate GRR Summary Table save Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
L Do you need to save hard copies of obsolete documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Pmarszal Delivery Confirmation? Do we need to save? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 3
O Minitab Script to Save Regression Plots to an Image File Using Minitab Software 8
J Does a Lower Thermostat Setting really save Energy? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
Ronen E Can Usability Studies save lives? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
R Save Obsolete Documents in Plant Closing? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
F Save Excel file with Date for Recording Weekly Test Samples Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 11
C Financial results - What lean should save Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
Jen Kirley In the news: Checklist said to save lives and $ in medical errors World News 5
W Requirement to save original, handwritten internal audit notes? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 11
Stijloor How to save gas.... Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
M Save The Planet - Drink More Scotch! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 3
ScottK Save Internet Radio After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 25
A CMMI 3 - Software - Where we have to save all these documents Software Quality Assurance 4
B Internal Audits save you from Non-Conformances on external audits? General Auditing Discussions 16
M Intranet Documents in PDF - Disabling "save a copy" and "file save" in browsers Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
M Positional Tolerance Matrix to save us the the hassle of using the formula Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
P Is it necessary to take out a sample from delivery lot to save for 15 years?! Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 9
J Any Reason to Save All These QS-9000 Standards QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
A You can only choose one Rock n' Roll album to save Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 46
Q Document Control and Distribution - How to save paper? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 61
D PPAP Master Parts - Do we have to save the original PPAP parts? APQP and PPAP 2
J CEN/TR 17223:2018 Guidance on the relationship between13485 and MDR.. worth the money?? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
V Best value for choice/money - Smart phone vs tablet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
J Just to mess with your mind... What's a "Ton of Money" Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
K Recognition of team members in ways other than money? Customer Complaints 5
Stijloor The Government can not print money properly... World News 8
R Formula for calculating Money Value equivalent to 1% FPY (First Pass Yield) Six Sigma 5
M Justifying the Cost of Quality? Money that we spend on the quality system Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 24
P To make money, You have to spend money Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
G BillMyParents makes it easy for kids to spend parents' money After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 5
Jim Wynne Another way to tell that you've got too much money Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 16
Stijloor AIAG - OHSAS 18001 Certification May Not Be Money Well Spent Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 18
D Time is Money - Lean Thinking - Stories of Lean Improvements Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 13
Marc Telcos: The Internet Will Collapse If The Gov't Doesn't Gives Us Lots Of Money After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 0
D Money available - but I need to link to 5s Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
G Master Black Belt Certification without spending too much money Six Sigma 28
M Changing the CNC program - Money Saving Idea - Thanks to all of you. Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Wes Bucey Job scams - "money mules" Career and Occupation Discussions 9
O Quality Bonus Plan - Determining how much money the company saved? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 3
Jim Wynne An awful lot of money for a doorstop, if you ask me Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 20
J Why American Companies in the Automobile Arena are Losing Money? World News 26
K Calibration - Not willing to spend money in calibration/preventive maintenance ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17