How to show compliance to multiple CE Directives ?

W

w_grunfeld

I need some help :how does one derive and certify compliance to CE marking for item falling under the Machinery, Pressure Equipment and EMC Directive?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Re: Item falling under several Directives

I need some help :how does one derive and certify compliance to CE marking for item falling under the Machinery, Pressure Equipment and EMC Directive?
The product has to comply separately with each directive (e.g. separate DoCs, conformity assessments where applicable etc.), except where a directive explicitly provides an exemption in relation with another.

T

ThomasLee

I agree but I think you are supposed to create a single DoC for all of the related directives. (It can however be a dossier of separated ones).
Is this understanding correct?

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Where more than one directive applies to a product, the manufacturer or authorised representative can merge them into one document. If the directive specifies certain requirements for the EC declaration however, this doesn’t apply. [/FONT]

M

MIREGMGR

We have a group of products that are subject to the PPE Directive and the Machinery Directive. We found a major certification body that is notified for both Directives, and they issue a single certificate for compliance to both. Since their review process is integrated, we provide evidence as they need without concerning ourselves with compartmentalizing by Directive.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S What records are required to show compliance to ISO 13485:2016? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
D How do I show compliance to RoHS, REACH and Conflict Minerals? REACH and RoHS Conversations 6
L CE Auditor Using ISO audit reports to show compliance to the MDD?? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Suggested process to show compliance for this 820.120(a) for Label Integrity 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
B When should the medical device industry show compliance to EN ISO 14971(2007) ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 8
A Do we have to show full compliance to all customer specific requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B IATF16949 audit requirement - Auditor request UCL and LCL must be show Xbar-R, IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
F Hi friends, can anyone show me an example of a procedure for ISO 13485 6.4.1 Work Environment? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R How to SHOW the importance of checklists, through some team gaming or play? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 37
Wes Bucey International Manufacturing Technology Show - 10 September 2018 - Chicago (meet up?) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 6
K Questions on Technical File to show it is current EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Operator Checks - How to show that they were completed on a checklist as acceptable IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Metric/Way to show how Internal DPPM and External DPPM relate to each other Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
R Is it legal to attend a trade show while you have a 510(k) application pending? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
M Presentation displays for malls, etc. for exhibition to show products Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 5
D Medica show in Dusseldorf - Has anyone else gone? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 3
T Is there a requirement in TS16949 that PO's show a revision level? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
S Which non Salmonella organisms show positive in Wellcolex? Test kit ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
C Do I need to show fasteners in my BOM's/DMR etc? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 7
G What is needed to show competency Clause 6.2.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
W DIN ISO 1101 - Show me the General Dimensioning Tolerance Value Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
M Unapproved System Display at a Mexican Trade Show Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
P Is it necessary to show Model Number on the Labeling (meter box, label and manual)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Hershal Reality TV show contest Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
AnaMariaVR2 Design of Experiments in a Cooking Show Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 0
T How to Show "Date/time" Data Graphically in Minitab Please? Using Minitab Software 2
R How do we show our Software Develoment Life Cycle is similar to IEC 62304 Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
L Old and New Primary Standards show a difference between them General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Marc Questions about the Internet circa 1994 on NBC's "The Today Show" After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 1
V Can we show Photocopied Uncontrolled Copies of Documents to an FDA Auditor? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 15
H Can anyone show me a sample of a Cleaning Program for Food Manufacturing? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 5
Ajit Basrur How to show percentage in an Excel graph? Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
P Rework Notification - Is it sufficient to show how we control rework process Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
Anerol C How I can show evidence that quality related activities are impacting the financials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
L BSI Logo - Requirements when using the BSI logo to show certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
G Japan's PMDA Response to Question on Trade Show Display of Non-approved Device Japan Medical Device Regulations 9
P Must show Sub-Supplier details? Supplying a Tier 2 company IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
JoCam How do I show the benefits of a QMS to the Design Team? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 23
I In ISO 9001:2008 - Can we show an Internal Department as our Client/Customer ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
Marc Land a Million Show - Aviation Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
B Can somebody help me to show a 'delta-FMEA' example? FMEA and Control Plans 10
S How to show Approval for Documents and Training? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
V Competency - How I can show experienced operators are competent? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
S How to show that policies are properly communicated & Training Effectiveness ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Stijloor GM to take back 5 Delphi plants, contract details show World News 0
Ted Schmitt Prison Break Fans ?? - TV Show Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 10
8 SMED Classroom Exercise to show operators the importance of SMED Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 10
D A true example of CAPA - Accident that show its cause and the corrective action Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
N Mad Men, AMC Television Show Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Sidney Vianna What about the Social Responsibility of ISO and TC176? Failure to show by example? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 12