How to show percentage in an Excel graph?

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Friends,

Need help urgently - for my action tracker, I have to show Planned vs Completed action items along with percentage completion.

Can some one help me with a graph for this data ?

Thanks

Attachments

• graph.xls
    14.5 KB · Views: 252

Tim Folkerts

Trusted Information Resource
Here are a couple options.

One is to just do a stacked column chart that autoscales to 100%. The draw back is that it might show 50% done, but you don't see how many there were total.

The second concatenates the percentages to the Categories so they both are listed at the bottom of the chart.

Neither chart is really polished (eg no titles) but I figure you can do that to suit your own tastes.

Tim F

Attachments

• Copy of graph.xls
    25.5 KB · Views: 314
D

Darius

There are other ways :D

Charting percentage as a line chart.

note: if you are concerned about one chart in from of the other you can change scales (making scale of Y1 larger, the bar chart could be in one site and the percentage at the other.

Attachments

• Modified Copy of graph(1).xls
    24 KB · Views: 255
You could add a second Y axis and and use the percentage figures there.
This is what I often do in paretos (The enclosed example uses accumulated percentage, but that is easily corrected...). You could also try a pie chart.

/Claes

Attachments

• Percent.xls
    18 KB · Views: 266
E

Elizabeth White

I really could use some help with this one....

3 companies, each with 4 categories (nails, hammers, hooks, drills) and need to show a sales number AND a % change for each category.

D

Darius

That's a good one..., chart customized labeling... (if so, VBA coding is the ticket)
or if you want the two charts, it's almost like my previous post.

or you can copy both charts on the same chart-area

Could you share an example sheet?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Elizabeth White

Thanks for your quick response Darius! Here's the sample - my first post, should have thought to add it.

Attachments

• ExcelGraph.xlsx
    12.4 KB · Views: 176
A

Ashok GS

Ajit,

I have given a shot at this. This is kind of close to Darius, but there cannot be a trend line for percentage completion since i believe there is no relation to each of the variables listed. These can be just left as data points in the plot.

Thanks,
Ashok.

Attachments

• graph.xls
    32 KB · Views: 142
M

mmagargee

I think I did the same as some others: second column chart for percent but plotted on the y axis. Used no fill so that dollar column is visible.

Mike

Attachments

• ExcelGraph.xlsx
    13.9 KB · Views: 148
Top Bottom