How to verify/calibrate a Neptune Water Meter

W

wgpearcelb

I'm trying to find calibration recommendations for a Neptune T-10 water meter - specs below. Can't find any information anywhere. Company says it doesn't need to be calibrated. There must be some type of need for calibration, right?
If anyone can lend some advice, it would be much appreciated as this is a very pressing issue for a client of mine right now. Thank you.

product sheet, specs, warranty, parts list found here:

www.neptunetg.com/products/meters/t-10-1

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

zamclachia

Involved In Discussions
Re: Calibration of Water Meters which dispense the water into our mixing vessel

I don't think calibration would be the correct term to use when working with this device. Verification may be more appropriate. Connect the meter to a supply on one side and the outlet to a drum / container of known size. Collect the output and compare the volume collected agsinst the meter reading.

E

entreprise

thanks, that worked for me... :cool::agree:

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin

I don't think calibration would be the correct term to use when working with this device. Connect the meter to a supply on one side and the outlet to a drum / container of known size. Collect the output and compare the volume collected agsinst the meter reading.
Because calibration is comparison to a standard, what you've described is calibration. The "container of known size" is the standard in this case.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D How to Calibrate and Verify a Heating Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
C How to Calibrate and Verify Torque Multiplier Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
S How to Calibrate or Verify Screw Pitch Gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
J Work Instruction to Calibrate or Verify a Combination Square General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 15
M How to verify profile gages provided by customer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
E Layouts : Can you "verify" things that are not visible (such as loctite present, internal dimensions) in a layout ? APQP and PPAP 2
K How to verify the Storage and Transport environmental condition for Medical Device Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
J How to verify the actual capacity of suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
V Regrinding Material - Verify whether a product contains any regrinding material Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
Q Using Caliper A to verify Caliper B - Verification of Calibration ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
V Tie-wrap pull test to verify contact retention Manufacturing and Related Processes 6
A How to Verify Supplier I-9 Forms for ITAR Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
O Creating a Tool to Track & Verify Mistake Proofing Devices Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
N What is the easiest way to verify we have the correct customer supplied materials? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
R IEC 62304 - 5.2.9 Verify Software Requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 5
B Verify GB/T 16886 is the same as ISO 10993 US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5
A How to verify and validate the effectiveness of CAPA with regards to employees ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R IEC 62304 Section 5.3.6 Verify Software Architecture IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 4
R LKV Value: Can not verify Reliasoft Case Study Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 2
S Verify Software System Testing: Verify that results meet the Pass/Fail Criteria IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
L Gauge to test and verify a Set Square Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
D What to verify on Test Setup for Environmental Testing General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
A When to verify and when to validate Design Changes 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
D Since NIST # can not be used to verify Traceability - What an Auditor should do AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 8
C I need to verify the surface profile of a part - Sine plates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
optomist1 CMM Shortcomings - GD&T - Inability of CMMs to verify the MMC situation Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
J How do I continually Verify Compliance to my Processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
R A way to verify 7075 T0 Aluminum has been successfully Heat Treated to T6 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
Ron Rompen Recommended Rockwell 30T Scale Hardness Tester to verify Incoming Product General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
D How to verify a process that uses software to accomplish certain tasks? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
X Cannot Verify until Customer uses Product - Clause 7.5.2 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
C Surface Plate Calibration - How to verify the flatness of a granite surface plate General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
E How Do You VERIFY Customer Property? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
R Verify Accuracy for Validation of CNC Starrett Vision System Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
L Verify, Inc. Source Inspection experience? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 1
H Definition Inspect, Review, Verify and Witness - What are the definitions and differences? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
B How to inspect Mylars to verify dimensions, grid lines and grid points Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 17
D How do I verify the Cold Room temperature in Restaurant Kitchen Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 7
C Bridgeport Mill as a Gage - Verify gage dimensions using a Bridgeport Mill Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 4
A Test Method - DIN ISO 1133 for melt flow needed to verify supplier results Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
F How would you Verify Repeatability and Reproducibility of Measurement Systems? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Howard Lee Hygrometer Calibration - Best way to verify accuracy of a 'reference' Hygrometer? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
C How to verify the SAL (sterilie acceptable level) is 10-6 for ETO Sterilization ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
K Could someone verify the levels of quality management system standards Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
K Prohibited metal verification - I am not sure of a PHYSICAL way to verify this Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
P CMM Programming verification - How would you verify that a CMM program is correct? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
Douglas E. Purdy To Verify Concentricity of Flats to a Centerline General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
Adriane Need Help to Verify an Infrared Cure Oven General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 9
K Verify paper print to CAD file so we can use the CAD models for inspection purposes Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
T How to verify SOP training effectivness - Section 6.2.2 in ISO 13485 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7