How to write a proper defect description in a NCR

I am seeking some training materials on the proper writing of defects on NCR's for detail and sub-assy parts used in aerospace. I personally was trained may years ago at a time we learned by doing, from our Leads, and kickbacks from FAA and Customer inspectors. Now I need materials to aid in the training of new inspectors. Did Boeing or any of the Majors provide documented guidance? Appreciate feedback

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
Thank you, I am very skilled having been writing NCR's for many years. I am just looking for written guidance to give folks needing help.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Document Change Notice vs complete System re-write Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
K PQ validation qualification - Asked to write a PQ protocol ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Q When to write up a nonconformance and require a NCR - We produce labels ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
D Validation of existing equipment - I have been asked to write a quality assessment for equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
M Medical Device Directive - Seeking common nonconformance write up scenarios CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
N How to Write and Compile a Technical File for CE Marking CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Q Write down same nonconformity in several processes? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
A What ISO 9001:2015 clause could be used to write nonconformance for not updating licensed driver list? General Auditing Discussions 8
GStough Have You Had to Write a NC Against a Quality Manual in a Supplier Audit? General Auditing Discussions 12
D What is the appropriate way to write a conclusion from a % contribution result? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
M Who should write Departmental Work Instructions Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
L Requirement to write a Detailed Inspection Plan (DIP) APQP and PPAP 5
E How to write requirements for Medical App Validation and Verification IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 7
Z What to write on A3 Methodology Recognition Certificates? Six Sigma 2
T SOP for How to Write a Specification for Raw Materials and Finished Good ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
alonFAI Update an existing QMS manual or write a new one for AS9100C Certification? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
E How to write a Project Plan to Overhaul our QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
C How to write a Post Market Surveillance REPORT (not procedure) EU Medical Device Regulations 4
E How to write an Aseptic Media Fill Validation Document Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
Q Who must write Quality Manual as per ISO 9001 Clause 5.5.2? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
J Can An External Auditor Also Write The Same Non-Conformance As An Internal Auditor? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
C How to Write Procedures without too many Details ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
B How do I tell my boss to write neatly without offending her? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
W How to write an EASA 145 Quality Manual EASA and JAA Aviation Standards and Requirements 3
N Do I Need to Write a CAR for..... (All Opinions Wanted :) ) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
B I'm trying to write detailed Customer Service Work Instructions Customer Complaints 10
T How do I control web-based asp forms/rpts that write to and pull from an Access DB Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
P Internal Audit Corrective Actions - Can a CB write an NC on an in-process CA? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 27
J How to Write the Planned Interval to Conduct Internal Audit, Management Review, etc.. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A How to write a US FDA proof MDR procedure? Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
Y New Guidance for the Industry - How to write a Request for Designation (RFD) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
Q How to write Statement of Purpose for a Law School Admission Career and Occupation Discussions 9
K How to Write a User's Manual for Peachtree - Seeking help Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
K ISO 22000 requirement to write a Food Safety Manual Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 2
E How to write a Validation Risk Management Plan for Equipment ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
A How to write Quality Manual? Point to consider Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 2
M How to write a Nonconformance Report ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 16
S How to write a Prerequisite Program (PRP) for food industry ? Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 11
B How to write a SOP for a Medical Device Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
E Software to Write and Control Work Instructions? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A How to write quality policy? Basics of Quality policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
L Is it required to write a formal corrective action on any nonconformance? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 29
M How to write the Essential Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 14
R How to write a Capacity Plan Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 2
N Four CMMs and would like to write programs for intermediate checks General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
A How to write a Quality Policy Statement Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
Jen Kirley How does a Demingite write a good self evaluation? Career and Occupation Discussions 5
E Starting to write a Quality System Manual - Import/export medical devices - Need help ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
L How to write Executive Summary for Health Canada medical device applications Canada Medical Device Regulations 4
U To write or not to write. That is the question. How many procedures should I write? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 28