Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

HT2005 - AIAG Document - Ford heat treaters - Special Processes

D

Djonzee

I attended a trade show last week and listened to a speech from a Ford executive talking about a new standard for heat treaters that will be required by the Big 3 called "HT2005". This is supposed to be published by AIAG in January of 2005. :mad:

D

dbzman

Ford

I haven't heard of HT2005 but a FORD auditor told me something about them and the AIAG working on a standard audit to replace the one FORD now uses.

Could this be it?

:bonk:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
Djonzee said:
I attended a trade show last week and listened to a speech from a Ford executive talking about a new standard for heat treaters that will be required by the Big 3 called "HT2005". This is supposed to be published by AIAG in January of 2005. :mad:
Quality Systems Update magazine http://www.qsuonline.com/ , August/September issue has an article on this Standard. Since it is a copyrighted material, I can not post it here, but, in a nutshell, according to the article, HT2005 is the first add-on to the ISO/TS 16949 document and is scheduled to be published early next year for heat treating suppliers and is expected to result in an additional third-party certificate.

Still, according to the article, 3rd party auditors will have to be specifically qualified for this Standard. Like you said it is supposed to be released Q1 2005

Last edited:

Caster

An Early Cover
One World - One Standard (100 Stds?)

Djonzee said:
Here's a little bit more information. Looks like it's coming at us, like it or not.

http://www.nsf.org/NSF-ISR/newsroom/article_ht2005.asp

This may be THE current slide show making the rounds as folks promulgate the concept of "special" audits for "special" processes.
http://mows.aiag.org/ScriptContent/at04sessions/FULL/session_display.cfm?spsession=QL04.pdf

In my career of dealing with heat treaters, I always did my own supplier approval. I was always most concerned with how they HANDLED my product from the time we dropped it off until we picked it up. The very best ones handled EVERYONE's product in a neat, orderly fashion. The one I ended up using almost exclusively was the one which was most responsive to my requests, regardless whether it was 2 in the afternoon or 2 in the morning.

In over ten years, we NEVER had a problem with "mixing" with any heat treater and when we ran across issues like "warping" I found ALL the heat treaters I dealt with to be extremely proactive in noticing, stopping the process, calling us in for joint engineering, and working out a solution to the issue.

I valued the idea they kept me informed on the status of my parts without me begging or putting restrictive covenants in my purchase orders.

Perhaps I was spoiled by such uniformly good service. I wouldn't have imagined a need for HT2005.

Top Bottom