Human Resources - Section 6.2

M

MD

Human resource segment (6.2.)

How do you fulfil the requirements stated in this standard clause?
I mean all sub-systems, actions, procedures etc you include or you think should be included in your management system.

Lets say:
- Personal files;
- Personnel annual training plan;
- Personnel satisfaction, motivation etc. surveys;
- Job descriptions.

And lets say procedures on how to perform Personnel satisfaction, motivation etc. surveys, instruction on how to set up personal files.

What else do you think would fit?

D

db

MD,

Try a search of training and job descriptions. I know there are at least two threads that get into this stuff. I would avoid putting too much in employee’s personnel folders. We don’t what legal and financial stuff to be available to QMS auditors (either internal or external).

S

Scott

HR REQUIREMENTS

Our auditor was really concerned with this area, especially on "how do you prove competence". We have resumes that show qualifications, training requirements, list of COI's/WI's each employee is responsible for, certificates of completion, copies of degrees, specific job responsibilities. We don't put any payroll information in there or personal HR info, (discipline stuff, etc.) as that would be too much. Getting back to competance though we are going to use supervisor feedback to show that training atteded was worthwhile, employee is qualified to do specific tasks, etc.

I can't wait for an auditor to ask about infrastructure and work environement in the future. That should really shake management up.

V

venkat

Dear Sir

To comply with this clause the organisation needs to have a HR manual. This should include all HR procedures right from the recruitment stage and ending with the exit procedures. Also the leave procedures and type of leaves are to be included. The grades of post and the compensation levels can be included. The travrl policy and forms can be included

In case you need any info kindly contact me

venkat

S

Scott

OUT OF AREA HUMAN RESOURCES

That brings up a good question then in response to the last post on needing an HR manual. What if HR is handled by corporate. In our case HR is handled in a city 400 miles away, all electronically, with the exception of interviews which are conducted by the field sites and "recommendations" for hire are forwarded back to corporate for thier OK. In the instance like this how much documentation is needed by the site being registered if the corporate facility is already registered. Would a simple procedural document stating all HR is handled by corporate with contact information work? What about training folders? What should be in them? How do you prove the big "C" word, competent? What do the auditors on this forum say? Thanks, Scott

P

Phil Crosby

Meeting requirements thru IiP

Organisations meeting the international Investors in People (HR) Standard will have no trouble meeting the ISO 9001:2000 Std. Check out www.iipuk.co.uk for info about IiP. It's huge in Europe. (My company is the program operator in Australia).

R

Rick Goodson

While I am sure an HR manual would be a nice thing to have, IMHO it is not necessary to meet the requirements of clause 6.2 Human Resources. In fact it is not necessary to have a documented procedure to meet the requirements. It is however necessary to have a process.

The real differences between the 1994 and 2000 revisions lies in sub-clause 6.2.2.c and 6.2.2.d. Meeting the requirements for 6.2.2.d requires a communication process while 6.2.2.c requires a measurement process. In its simplest form the process used for accessing the training need can be used to also access the effectiveness of the training.

T

Toolmaker-2004

Training Files

Hi. I found this forum only a couple of weeks ago. Strange, since I've been a user of the internet for (too) many years.

A brief intro would seem to be in order. I am the Quality Systems Manager for a medium size manufacturing firm in the Northeast Ohio area. My responsibilities include not only the ISO part (we've been registered to 9002:1994 since 7/95), but also to final inspection of finished product, receiving inspections, calibration and materials testing. I've held this post since 1/93.

When we first began the ISO registration process, we decided that, to keep legal hassles to a minimum, we would maintain two separate files. The personnel file is located in our HR offices. Anything confidential is maintained there. At each plant, the Plant Manager maintains a training file for each employee, containing info pertaining to their qualifications and a periodic "training needs assessment" form. Normally only the plant training files is subject to audit.

We plan to continue this practice, updating only to include the now required "assessment of training effectiveness".

I'm interested how others plan to meet the 9K2K requirements.

Top Bottom