I am looking at two Registrars

Randy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Trusted
A client used them and they sent a totally unqualified auditor and as a result, the owner pulled out of certification, because the findings were so bizarre. A CB who can't match an auditor to a client scope should be avoided.
Andy that seems to be getting much harder with the auditor force getting younger with less work life experience

Mikey324

Involved In Discussions
Don't agree! CBs want to position themselves like that but frankly, they behave nothing like a partner and even less as a service supplier.
But... they are being paid to provide a service. They should do what they are paid to do. I have had an experience with CB that forgot that. When they no longer performed to our expectations, they were replaced. Just as we would do with any supplier.

qualprod

Trusted Information Resource
Trusted
Good day, we are considering the following two registrars for certification services Intertek and SAI Global. Can anyone provide favourable reviews of either? Thank you,
I have experienced in Mexico the next:
With SAI global, the audits are more focused to find improvements in the system, without applying strictly review to
the standard compliance.
Different focus with other CB'S, TUV, global standard, NSF.
That it may be of benefit for those having weak systems.
There may be situations where you want "heavy or light" audits.
Hope this helps.

AndyN

A problem shared...
Staff member
Super Moderator
But... they are being paid to provide a service. They should do what they are paid to do. I have had an experience with CB that forgot that. When they no longer performed to our expectations, they were replaced. Just as we would do with any supplier.
Agreed! I'm thankful that you did that, Mikey, however, too many organizations don't have that clarity in dealing with their CB.

AndyN

A problem shared...
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have experienced in Mexico the next:
With SAI global, the audits are more focused to find improvements in the system, without applying strictly review to
the standard compliance.
Different focus with other CB'S, TUV, global standard, NSF.
That it may be of benefit for those having weak systems.
There may be situations where you want "heavy or light" audits.
Hope this helps.
This is worrying to me. "Focusing on improvements" sounds like consulting. "Heavy or light audits" sounds like inconsistent auditor(s)

Randy

Trusted
This is worrying to me. "Focusing on improvements" sounds like consulting. "Heavy or light audits" sounds like inconsistent auditor(s)
Yep, it's a struggle not to "help" and to keep focused on consistency

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Super Moderator
Andy that seems to be getting much harder with the auditor force getting younger with less work life experience
While professional experience and maturity are, indeed, an asset for management system auditors, it is a well known fact that a significant percentage of the CB auditor workforce is way past their prime. Some elderly auditors become ineffective due to lack of stamina and tenacity. We've had a number of cases mentioned here at The Cove of auditors refusing to leave the conference room and pretending to audit an organization, by asking for evidence to be brought in for their review in a meeting room. We've also had a number of reported cases of auditors falling sleep during the audits. So, there are pros and cons everywhere we look.

Randy

Trusted
While professional experience and maturity are, indeed, an asset for management system auditors, it is a well known fact that a significant percentage of the CB auditor workforce is way past their prime. Some elderly auditors become ineffective due to lack of stamina and tenacity. We've had a number of cases mentioned here at The Cove of auditors refusing to leave the conference room and pretending to audit an organization, by asking for evidence to be brought in for their review in a meeting room. We've also had a number of reported cases of auditors falling sleep during the audits. So, there are pros and cons everywhere we look.
I think I've run into the results of scenario's like that when people are scheduled for you in a "huddle room" and all they have is a notebook and pen. Pretty funny when I ask if they've got access to their documentation in their pocket and tell them I actually want to see the real stuff and go to where they work or are responsible. Reactions go from "deer in the headlights" to almost fainting. Another thing that throws people for a loop is asking for the #2 or replacement person to interview and walk you around instead of the #1...Panic in the streets.