I Attached My first Document Control Procedure for your Review

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
You state this:

"6.1. The requestor of Creation /Change of a Document fills a (creation, change, cancellation) request, Accompanied by a copy of the proposal and must be approved by the respective head of department..."

You list this: Document Issue Form 01-02 F1

Is it the same thing? You don't use consistent terminology. You should make a reference when you call out a form etc, instead of making a long list at the back, so the reader has to flip backwards and forwards when reading it - not helpful and shows why this format of document isn't useful.

You seem to have a bunch of lists. Why?

Q

qse1984

You've listed document distribution register twice in your references, also your naming system is inconsistent in your reference table. I'd shorten the footer to state - Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled.

I don't have much time at the moment to go through it regarding the procedure but I've attached a document control procedure I authored for my previous Employer. The site is closed down so they no longer exist but I was Document Controller for a few years. It's not perfect but it did the job for a large site. If you like you can browse as reference.

Kristina

Attachments

M

magedology

You state this:

"6.1. The requestor of Creation /Change of a Document fills a (creation, change, cancellation) request, Accompanied by a copy of the proposal and must be approved by the respective head of department..."

You list this: Document Issue Form 01-02 F1

Is it the same thing? You don't use consistent terminology. You should make a reference when you call out a form etc, instead of making a long list at the back, so the reader has to flip backwards and forwards when reading it - not helpful and shows why this format of document isn't useful.

You seem to have a bunch of lists. Why?
Thanks AndyN I fix it :agree: you can see that in attached file

You've listed document distribution register twice in your references, also your naming system is inconsistent in your reference table. I'd shorten the footer to state - Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled.

I don't have much time at the moment to go through it regarding the procedure but I've attached a document control procedure I authored for my previous Employer. The site is closed down so they no longer exist but I was Document Controller for a few years. It's not perfect but it did the job for a large site. If you like you can browse as reference.

Kristina
Thanks qse1984 file you send was very helpful I make some changes according to it

Attachments

M

magedology

Why 3 registers? You didn't fix the footer spelling and I'm wondering why you aren't using a simpler format...
Did you think 3 registers is alot ??
I am new ,So what is your opinion ?
I want to make it simple as I can :rolleyes:
do you have a good sample to fellow ?
I fix footer to "Once printed this document becomes uncontrolled "

I do think it's a lot. Simple is one. If you look at the content of your 3, how much is similar? 80%? 90%? Or are they so different that you HAVE to use 3?

No samples. Just take yours and have a long, hard, critical look at the content and ask yourself "why?"

insect warfare

QA=Question Authority
Trusted Information Resource
Andy is right in that it is possible to simplify as one, if you do it "appropriately". I happen to use these same 3 registers, but they are each one tab on an Excel spreadsheet, and all 3 ultimately reside on one file. I also do not place a control number on this file, since I treat it as a "continuously updated record" - no different than my co-worker's hourly yield reports. To me, this is "appropriate" and it works for me. In examining your own process, you may find this approach to be totally appropriate too (or not) - in the end it's your call.

Just remember to use your common sense, and you will come out fine on the other side. Good luck....

Brian :rolleyes:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Gman2 My Attached Document Control Procedure for your Review ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S Document Control Policy - Looking for comments on mine (attached) Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
D Document Control Procedure - Ideas - Examples Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 40
S TS16949:2002 checklist - MS Word .doc Document attached IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 53
T Document Review and Approval Form - Examples Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 11
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 23
CycleMike GD&T - Hole pattern - Print (attached) has a single Datum Reference Frame Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
N Looking for input on the attached Process / IATF 16949 Clause Matrix IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Downloading and/or Viewing Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Xenforo Forum Software Instructions and Help 1
R Please help me with attached copy of AS 9100D internal audit check sheet AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
A Does anybody know in which Standard can this attached Alarm Symbol be found? Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S New FAA Form 8130-3 Effective 2/1/14 - Unlocked version attached Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
DanteCaspian Free Poster Download: LANGUAGE OF LEAN CULTURE (2017 Revision Attached) Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 14
S Capacity Planning Sheet attached Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 7
G MSA Gage R&R and Attribute Forms Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
G APQP Timing Plan Template attached APQP and PPAP 3
S Training Tool in Excel Attached Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 15
G CE Mark for a device attached to a vehicle CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
Q Regression Analysis for the Attached Data - help needed - TIA Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 13
E What is missing in the attached Declaration of Conformity CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
R ISO 13485 Mind Map attached - Please review and comment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
B Understanding the attached sample Pareto Chart for Customer Complaint Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 20
P Calculating Process Capability from Data of attached spreadsheet Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
S ISO9001 - AS9100 - AC7004 - Matrix Attached AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
B Auditing Planning and Corrective Action Forms Attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
L Explanation of the note attached to 7.1(a) in AS 9100 Rev.C AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
E Quality Manual and Standard Operating Procedures - File attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
glork98 IEC 62304:2006/AMD1:2015 Checklist .xls file attached IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 6
C A form to track Action Items needed attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
automoto Attribute MSA (Measurement System Analysis) - .xls Form attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 27
automoto 5 x WHY (Form) attached Nonconformance and Corrective Action 10
D AS9102 - How to title the attached form and how to identify the characteristics AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
P Employee Database template file attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Marc Copyright - 'Ownership' of Post Content and Files Attached to Posts Elsmar Cove Forum ToS and Forum Policies 2
automoto Gage R&R Form in Excel for Calculating Gauge R&R - Attached Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 73
R ISO 17025 .pdf Example Quality Manual Attached ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
L List of updated ISO Standards attached - September 2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
D What would be the appropriate control chart for the attached data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
S AS9103 Process Control Plan - MS Word .doc File Forms attached AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Failure Data of Cathode Stripping Machines - Reliability from the data attached Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
C Process Flow Diagram, FMEA and Control Plan Attached - Please Review FMEA and Control Plans 6
S Visual assembly aid example attached Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
D Is there a process shift and/or trend in the attached control chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 33
J 5S Scored Audit form - 5S audit form .xls Excel file attached Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 74
M Risk Management Process Workbook - Attached Files FMEA and Control Plans 28
T Share your APQP or PPAP package! Attached is a PPAP template APQP and PPAP 44
C Customer Complaints 'Access' Database - See attached for your comments Customer Complaints 17
ccochran Root Cause Worksheet - Attached Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 15
J ISO 9001:2000 Process Audit Attached - I sure would LOVE some feedback! Process Audits and Layered Process Audits 1
J 5 Whys powerpoint .ppt training presentation - Attached Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 42