I got an iPhone this weekend

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
My technofetish beat my common sense in to submission.

What a cool device.

I've had Windows mobile before and the iPhone blows it away for mail, web browsing, music, and video.
It's not not much as far as productivity yet, but I didn't get it for that. It's not a work device.

I especially like the Safari browser - it renders the whole web page instead of abbreviated pages like on a Windows mobile device.

The only negative so far is that you cannot install programs. If it's not part of the phone you can only do web applications. The guy at the Apple store said that's a planned future update to make it more PDA-like.

an no - I have no plans to jailbreak it.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
My technofetish beat my common sense in to submission.

What a cool device.

....It's not not much as far as productivity yet, but I didn't get it for that. It's not a work device....

Congrats, they are cool devices! ...Somehow, for now...I suspect it is going to be a huge consumer of productivity for a while, not an enhancer...:D Enjoy! We wee little technophobes rely on guys like you to pave the way.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Congrats, they are cool devices! ...Somehow, for now...I suspect it is going to be a huge consumer of productivity for a while, not an enhancer...:D Enjoy! We wee little technophobes rely on guys like you to pave the way.

This is the first time I've splurged on something "new". Usually I wait until something's been out a while and had the bugs worked out.
Especially after my experience with this thing:

Hitachi G1000

Gads that thing was awful. It was huge, needed resetting at least twice a day, and had doodly squat for memory. The place I worked for at the time bought a dozen of these for people who traveled to customers. Within 2 months they sent them all back to Sprint and got us Palm Treos instead.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Is it worth the cost? I mean the IPhone.

depends on what you want it for.
If you just want a phone - no.
If you want the multimedia + a phone it can't be beat. I got it for the multimedia and data.

When the iphone came out I was against combining devices, but the more I had to fiddle with unplugging my iPod from the car and putting it in it's protective case to go into the gym, then having to worry about my phone too...and if I want to watch a movie while doing cardio I'd have to bring my PSP... the more I saw the light. This device covers it all.
now the ipod stays in my car, the PSP stays at home, and I have one thing to tote around.

of course I've only had it a few days. I might hate it in a few months...

Top Bottom