I have CSBB Cert - CQE vs. CMQ/OE next?

I passed my ASQ CSSBB certification last year. I have now returned to the Quality Engineering ranks (what I did before BB). Seeing as the CQE BOK is so similar to BB, is it worth adding CQE, or just skip to CMQ/OE.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
I passed my ASQ CSSBB certification last year. I have now returned to the Quality Engineering ranks (what I did before BB). Seeing as the CQE BOK is so similar to BB, is it worth adding CQE, or just skip to CMQ/OE.
What's the goal - better job, position, prestige or bragging rights.

Once you define it - then go for it however, while great education, most employees would prefer experience.:2cents:

hogheavenfarm

The CQE is very similar to the CSSBB, and will share alot of info. I find it easiest to stick with the same themes when taking this, so I would go that route, the CQM OE is more similar to the CQA and will not share much from the BB test.

Thanks for the responses. My company will pay for either (or both). I guess part of my question is; will the CSSBB and CQE be considered somewhat redundant? Or if I go straight for the CMQ OE, will not having the CQE be considered a gap?

hogheavenfarm

I think the CQE is considered the "pinnacle" cert for the mathematical side, whether it be SS initiatives or SPC. The CQA is on the "standards" and procedures side, less math, more documentary. The O/E is a mix of both, but with less emphasis on the Engineering side and more similar to the auditing side. The O/E takes longer to get results from as well, since the first part is a timed essay, and this is graded by humans. I admit I resorted to bullet points on this one to make the time deadline (45 minutes I think), basically "pick a case study then detail what you would do to: x,y,z". By the time you read the cases (since you have to pick just one of three), and then reread the one you decided on, then formulate a response, time just disappears.
The CQE and CQM are really two different career paths, usually exclusive unless you are a glutton for punishment like me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C AS9120 or AS9100 Cert pertaining to inventory? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
G Do we need to QA cert? We only plan to supply reagents Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
E Small one man shop with QMS (shoptech e2) | AS9100 cert help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 46
M Are model# and Serial # required on a calibration cert? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
H AS9100D Cert question - Small machine shop - Where can I buy a certificate? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
C What are rules to notify customers if IATF cert is put on hold? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
E AS9100 / ISO 9001 Cert Suspended AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 23
Crusader Product Completion, Birth Cert, Product Check sheet - packaged with product Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
S Requirement for Sterilization Validation completion before issuance of ISO cert ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 0
M Can the CE Mark Cert be used as Proof of Sterilization Conformity? Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
M AS9100 Re-Cert Audit - Auditor concerned with OSHA regulations AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
T ISO13485 cert expired - Product still CE Marked CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
J Charpy impact test - Mill cert for API 13CrL80 coupling stock material with is PLS 2 Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 1
C Risks involved in requesting Cert to ISO9001:2015 right when released ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
G How to cover another manufacturing "site" or warehouse into current ISO 13485 cert ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
P Who can give another company ISO Cert? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Supplier Certificate Suspended in OASIS - Do we need stage 1 and 2 to reinstate cert? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
Sean Kelley Our Production Line at our Supplier - Who's TS 16949 Cert? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
I CB Scheduling ISO9001 Surveillance Audit 15 Months past Re-Cert Audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
A Newly Incorporated Business - Separate Scope and/or Separate Cert? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R How do I extend Correction factor of Calibration cert to compute instrument accuracy Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 1
D Calibration Cert - Measurement Unit for Nominal Value of a Calibration Resistor General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
C How to handle Outsourcing with Same Site - Separate Cert ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
D Nadcap parts: Cert. of Conformance (more than just the spec.) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A American Global Standards Virtual Cert Program for ISO 9001 Registrars and Notified Bodies 12
L IS/TS 16949 Initial Cert. Audit - placed on 3rd party containment with Customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Gage pin calibration - Actual calibration readings required on the calibration cert General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Additional site to be included in TS Cert. (Common owners & some functions) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
G My first ASQ cert test - Why I want to introduce myself Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
ScottK ASQ re-cert by exam... doesn't give you three years from exam date? Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
J Start Up Medical Device Company - As a device company what FDA cert do we need? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
S Laboratory is accredited to ISO/IEC 17025 but that is not stated on the Cal Cert ISO 17025 related Discussions 7
D What to do to keep ISO 13485 cert when medical device is not produced anymore? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
GStough Dual cert (9001 & 13485) - How to audit the 1 medical device we manufacture? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
T Material Standard Confirmation - Mill cert standards for raw material? ie Bar, round ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Only One Automotive Customer - If we lose that customer, what happens to our cert? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Key processes - Aged care facility - Cert IV in aged care CQI Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
L Certification ISO TS 16949 - Tier II, so its necesary to get ISO TS 16949 cert? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
B Does a distributor have to have an ISO 9001 cert to sell to a TS 16949 company? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 26
J Drop TL9000 cert but maintain standards TL 9000 Telecommunications Standard and QuEST 7
B Going for QS Cert but not ALL processes are at Cpk 1.33 Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 3
M QS 9000 TE Cert QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
J Registration Logo, Cert, and Accred Mark QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 5
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
E CQE or SSGB for a new career Professional Certifications and Degrees 8
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
S AQL Inspector's Rule - bring into CQE Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
M Differences in CQE, CSTE, CSQA, CQA Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
W SSGB vs. CQE certification? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2