I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures.

D

Diana3643

Procedures

I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures. Honestly, this I
have never done. As I stated on the Forum earlier this company has NO Quality System, management review, APQP etc. None of the Elements in the QS Requirement Manual are being followed due to the fact there is no procedure that states the need. So, basically as they say the ball is in my court.

Does anyoone have a sample procedure I could look through?

Thanks again

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
D

Dan Larsen

Search the ftp files here...you may find some useful info. Other than that, remember that the procedures should define "who does what when"...they assign responsibilities and define the system to achieve the stated policy.

I'll see if I can find some good examples and e-mail them...something that might fit into your business.

A

Al Dyer

Diana,

Your customers might be a good resource for your situation.

If you are looking for QS, can I assume your customer(s) are QS and also need to have a system to develop their suppliers?

ASD...

J

judy simidi

Hi people, i am quite new and need lots of help on drafting the procedures n processes for our company. we r implementing iso 9001 but having gone through forum discussions it appears there is currently something better out there t6.... would anyone point me in the right direction as i am totally lost as far as the procedures r concerned. av checked out some from two companies n they look to complicated?

thanks

judy

Gert Sorensen

Forum Moderator
Hi people, i am quite new and need lots of help on drafting the procedures n processes for our company. we r implementing iso 9001 but having gone through forum discussions it appears there is currently something better out there t6.... would anyone point me in the right direction as i am totally lost as far as the procedures r concerned. av checked out some from two companies n they look to complicated?

thanks

judy
Look at the procedures that you have to get a grasp of the structure: Responsibility, who has to follow them, what to do etc. etc.

Then go through the process with the employees, see what they actually do. Write it down and compare that to the standards requirements. Cover any gaps.

Finally structure it to fit into a system with controlled documents. :bigwave:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator

thanks

judy
Hello Judy,

Welcome to The Cove! :bigwave:

Have you looked here?

Stijloor.

J

judy simidi

hi stiljor,

a bit curious abt ur name. thanks for the post. checked out ur post n find it quite helpful actually.

good day

thanks

judy
Judy:
Welcome and let me see if I can help you out. If you are talking about the 6 documented procedures required by ISO, there are plenty of examples on the Cove. I'd suggest looking into the ISO 9000 forum and those which relate, like document control etc.

BTW - You're correct, many people make their procedures waaaay too complicated, with all kinds of non-value added nonsense. All you need is the basics; an intro 'why your reading this document' kind of thing, a title, some kind of version control details and maybe an indication of the records generated from using the procedure.

If you are talking procedures in general, ISO 9001 requires the organization to define its processes. So, I'd suggest that instead of writing a bunch of procedures, you draw up some process maps. Same kinds of details about reducing the title etc., above.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Clarifying FDA definition of "finished device" and “capable of functioning” 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
L PMA and Non-PMA parts in same finished goods area? Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 1
M Contract Manufacturer of a Finished Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
E Brazil - RDC 183 - Finished device - Definition Question Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
V GRR Study on a Finished Product - Batch Manufacturing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
R 510(k) - Finished Test Reports - RTA - Bit of a Complaint 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 6
V AQL for Component Level and Assembled Finished Product AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 1
alonFAI Finished PCB Final Visual Inspection Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 7
C Off-The-Shelf requirements (Finished Medical Devices) Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
J Tracking and Traceability of Finished Goods ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
S Does Contract Manufacturer need to issue Food Grade certificate for finished device? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
J Discrepancy in Manual Counting - Finished Goods Boxes ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 13
JanWarner Importing a Finished Medical Device from China (tooth whitener w/ peroxide) China Medical Device Regulations 2
M Definition Receiving Inspection of Parts, finished products, service parts etc. Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 6
S Three Questions on Finished Medical Device Traceability, Labeling and Packaging US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
shimonv Storage of finished medical devices per 21 CFR Part 820.150 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 9
T SOP for How to Write a Specification for Raw Materials and Finished Good ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Outsourced Processes Control (Finished Medical Device Delivery, Storage) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
V What is the difference in cGMPs for API vs Finished Dosage forms ? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
M Supplier PPAP for Interim Materials - Oil to test functionality of finished product IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
P Surface Finish measurement for machined (finished) component/part Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 2
C When to submit a 510(k)? After the DMR (Device Master Record) is finished? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
R Outsourcing of a Semi-Finished Product - Which major things to address in the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
6 Catering HACCP/Food Safety - Traceability from Receipt to Finished Product Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 1
V Device Retains - How many people keep retains of finished devices and why? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
L Assessing Corrosion Damages on Steel finished externally with Epoxical Paint Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 1
M Definition Brief Period of Time relative to Temperature Excursions for Finished Products Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 1
B NAFTA Requirements - Finished Product or Materials/Parts from Suppliers, too? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
W Stent Coverings and Stents - Finished Medical Device or not? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
K Raw Materials from 3rd World Countries vs. Finished Products from 1st World Countries Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 23
C D&D (Design and Development) Requirement for Semi-Finished Products Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
V Creating a Cosmetic Inspection Specification for Powder Coated Painted Finished Parts Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
F Trend Analysis of Kanban System for our Finished Goods Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
J Routine test for MD finished product IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
N Inspection requirements - responsibility (sht. metal, sub assembled & finished parts) Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 5
P This Is It - Tomorrow is the final decision - Finished the certification audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
Q Focused CAPA on Missing Finished Nonconforming Product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
G Control charts of finished product characteristics..NonSense? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
C Packaging of Finished Electronic Goods - Desiccants necessary? Manufacturing and Related Processes 9
pammesue New Part Traceability - Lot number and finished product traceability ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Surveillance Audit - Recently we finished our surveillance audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
D Formula for Determining Finished Good Roll Diameter Manufacturing and Related Processes 7
J ISO 9001:2000 Implementation Project: finished procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 52
Stijloor Guideline to Standardize the Transp. Damage Claim Process for Finished Veh. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
Scott Catron 21 CFR parts 210 and 211 - CURRENT GMP FOR FINISHED PHARMACEUTICALS Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 0
gunnyshore Auditing External Suppliers of Finished Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
A Monitoring and Measurement of Finished Goods with a Better Method IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
L Preventing Set Up Parts from getting in with Finished Goods Manufacturing and Related Processes 17
B Inspection Plan for Receiving Finished Products Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
A Recommended for Certification - Just finished our ISO 9001:2000 certification audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7