I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures.

D

Diana3643

Procedures

I have finished the Quality Manual. Now onto Procedures. Honestly, this I
have never done. As I stated on the Forum earlier this company has NO Quality System, management review, APQP etc. None of the Elements in the QS Requirement Manual are being followed due to the fact there is no procedure that states the need. So, basically as they say the ball is in my court.

Does anyoone have a sample procedure I could look through?

Thanks again

D

Dan Larsen

Search the ftp files here...you may find some useful info. Other than that, remember that the procedures should define "who does what when"...they assign responsibilities and define the system to achieve the stated policy.

I'll see if I can find some good examples and e-mail them...something that might fit into your business.

A

Al Dyer

Diana,

Your customers might be a good resource for your situation.

If you are looking for QS, can I assume your customer(s) are QS and also need to have a system to develop their suppliers?

ASD...

J

judy simidi

Hi people, i am quite new and need lots of help on drafting the procedures n processes for our company. we r implementing iso 9001 but having gone through forum discussions it appears there is currently something better out there t6.... would anyone point me in the right direction as i am totally lost as far as the procedures r concerned. av checked out some from two companies n they look to complicated?

thanks

judy

G

Gert Sorensen

Hi people, i am quite new and need lots of help on drafting the procedures n processes for our company. we r implementing iso 9001 but having gone through forum discussions it appears there is currently something better out there t6.... would anyone point me in the right direction as i am totally lost as far as the procedures r concerned. av checked out some from two companies n they look to complicated?

thanks

judy

Look at the procedures that you have to get a grasp of the structure: Responsibility, who has to follow them, what to do etc. etc.

Then go through the process with the employees, see what they actually do. Write it down and compare that to the standards requirements. Cover any gaps.

Finally structure it to fit into a system with controlled documents. :bigwave:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

thanks

judy

Hello Judy,

Welcome to The Cove! :bigwave:

Have you looked here?

Stijloor.

J

judy simidi

hi stiljor,

a bit curious abt ur name. thanks for the post. checked out ur post n find it quite helpful actually.

good day

AndyN

Moved On

thanks

judy

Judy:
Welcome and let me see if I can help you out. If you are talking about the 6 documented procedures required by ISO, there are plenty of examples on the Cove. I'd suggest looking into the ISO 9000 forum and those which relate, like document control etc.

BTW - You're correct, many people make their procedures waaaay too complicated, with all kinds of non-value added nonsense. All you need is the basics; an intro 'why your reading this document' kind of thing, a title, some kind of version control details and maybe an indication of the records generated from using the procedure.

If you are talking procedures in general, ISO 9001 requires the organization to define its processes. So, I'd suggest that instead of writing a bunch of procedures, you draw up some process maps. Same kinds of details about reducing the title etc., above.

Top Bottom