I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG

Slim Pickins

Starting to get Involved
I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG. I want to use it to correlate all of the data in my current core tools documents. This product is not intuitive at all and I can't figure out how to get it to "work". :blowup: Has anyone else tried to use it that can help get me started? (AIAG has no instructions or training available, I asked)

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG. I want to use it to correlate all of the data in my current core tools documents. This product is not intuitive at all and I can't figure out how to get it to "work". :blowup: Has anyone else tried to use it that can help get me started? (AIAG has no instructions or training available, I asked)
Welcome to automotive. :)

Sorry I can't help.

ncwalker

Trusted Information Resource
For being the "keepers in quality" for the automotive industry, they certainly don't practice what they preach in their products. Mine's a love/hate relationship with them, for sure. I can't help you either.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
In the webinar last week, it was mentioned that this was something that quality professionals have been collaborating on and with feed back from them it has been made easy peasy...this was mentioned several times....:sarcasm:

Slim Pickins

Starting to get Involved
I did the webinars and have copies of the presentations, but it is all "high level". The software is an amalgam of a database and spreadsheet and I understand those but cant grasp this. It all sounded good which is why I jumped right in.

My "problem" is that I don't know where to go after setting up a part number. It allows you to enter or upload data into only three categories with fixed column headers. They are:

“Product Characteristic” with the headings “Number/ID, Characteristic, Specification / Tolerance, Class”
“Process Characteristic” with the headings “Number/ID, Characteristic, Specification / Tolerance, Class”
“Operations” with headers “Operation Number, Description, Operation Type”.

That’s it! It does allow you to upload the data, but only in those categories and headings.

I also don’t see any way to print out any documentation other than a Part, Project, and Gauge Study Summary Reports.

I just can’t figure out where to go from here. It would be nice to have some type of road map.

try2makeit

Quite Involved in Discussions
I checked AIAG's website and didn't see anything that said support. And there is no additional help section within the software?

I would make up a test part (phantom part) first to figure out what steps are needed to set this up, before I'd try a actual part.

I'm sorry you are stuck. If I where you, I'd leave some feedback and let them know about the lack of support. Good luck!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Managing specification changes on standard parts purchased through trading companies Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
J Verification of purchased product / Alexa as a medical device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
F AS9100 D - Verification of purchased product - Sheet metal and aluminum extrusion stock AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
D PPAP a Rebranded Purchased Product (we don't manufacture) IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
W Purchased Part Control Plan (IATF 16949) FMEA and Control Plans 7
K ISO 9001 2015 Exclusions - Product Design is purchased. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Document Dame OQ, PQ Requirement for Aerospace? Recently purchased CNC AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
E ISO 13485 Clause 7.3.2 - Purchased Data Approval and Record Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M ISO9001:2015 Clause 8.4 Control of External Processes and Purchased Goods & Materials ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
4 Customer Making Changes to a 510k Device They Purchased 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
K TS 16949 Planning Phase: Raw Materials purchased from Distributer and the PPAP impact IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
M Reagent Status Identification - 7.4.3 Verification of Purchased Product ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D AS9100 7.4.1 vs 7.4.3 - Ensure purchased product conforms to specified requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
M Meeting 7.4.3 Verification of Purchased Product Requirements AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 5
H PPAP for a US$2 Part Purchased from a local Distributor APQP and PPAP 3
G Requirements for Sub Components in a Purchased Assembly APQP and PPAP 4
M Has anyone purchased their powerball tickets? 17 May 2013 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 8
G Aspects - Use of Purchased Steel Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 8
R Recently purchased a large number of gages (measurement equipment) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
somashekar Design as a Purchased Element in QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
Q 8.3 Control of NC product and 7.4.3 Verif. of purchased product, same treatment? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Requirements for Evaluations for Purchased Services ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
Q Engineering purchased a new Caliper - 7.6 - Initial Calibration Required? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
M Can I release an "Approved PPAP" if one purchased component has a Interim Approval APQP and PPAP 2
M 7.4.3 Verification of Purchased Product - Drop Shipments Compliance AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
J Using purchased "Training Doc" (TQS) software - Tips/Tricks Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 7
J AS9100 Clause 7.4.3 Verification of Purchased Product - OEM C of C required? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
W ISO9001 Clause 7.4.3 - Verification of Purchased Product - Software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
D The Scope of "Verification of Purchased Product" 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
C CE Mark of a purchased Medical Device with different IFU EU Medical Device Regulations 7
L ATEX for Outsourced and Purchased Products Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 6
J MSDS Sheets on Purchased Steel - Do we need them? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 18
R Technical File Requirements on a Purchased Item EU Medical Device Regulations 3
W What does "Release of Purchased Serial Products" mean? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
W Are Purchased Machined Components an "Outsourced Process"? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
D Should Purchased Software for both SPC and Gage R&R be documented in the QMS? Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2
L What are the calibration requirements for a newly purchased measuring device? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
A Environmental Aspects of Purchased Materials and Services Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 3
M Risk Management for Purchased Devices ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
G How do I add in the company we purchased and their products? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
K Verification of Purchased Product - Help Understanding Clause 7.4.3 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Ndc less than 5 (purchased part) - Auditor suggest I get waiver from customer Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
C Incoming Inspection - Consignment Storage of some Purchased Parts Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P Outsourced Process or Supplier? Purchased Formed Metal Tubing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Ted Schmitt Outsourced Process or Purchased Product - Buying OEM Valves ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
J AS9100 Clause 7.4.3 Verification of Purchased Product (audit Finding) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 30
Hershal ACLASS purchased by ANSI-ASQ General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Verification Of Purchased Product In A Recruitment Environment ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
J Control of Machine Software, Purchased Software, In-House Developed Software Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 5
C Record Requirements in AS 9100 7.4.3 Verification of purchased product Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 5